--taquitos
--mini quesadillas (Costco)
--tortilla roll-ups
--meatballs
--chips/salsa
--peanut butter rice krispie treats
--cheesecake
--"sinful" bars
--cream puffs
When people arrived (late--everyone got lost or couldn't find it! But I did give them good directions!), we ate, then we had a game. It turned out pretty fun. It was a slight version of the newlywed game. Basically it was who knows Aleeda better, us or David (her fiance)? Each person took a slip of paper that had a questions on it (What is Aleeda's favorite dessert, what is her most endearing quality according to David, etc). Each guest read his or her question, then answered what they thought the answer was. Then David got to answer it. Then we compared it to the answers Aleeda had written down earlier. It was fun to get to know her better and we got some laughs from how David answered--although he did win! Then they got to open their gifts. I am glad it went well. I was nervous!


That last picture is blurry and off center because it was done with the timer on a TV. And David didn't make it in time. But it's the group at the shower.
After the shower, Brian headed up to Forest Lakes to join some of the young men in the ward on a campout. They were short leaders, so he said he would go up even if it was really late. He had a fun time even though he wasn't there long. This morning while Brian was gone, my girls and I went and picked up a changing table I found on Craig's List. We have a changing table for Ellie, but we wanted to have one for Hattie's room to use with her. So we didn't want to buy a new one or spend a lot. I found a white one for $30, so we got it. We came home and ate lunch and they played outside. Brian got home around 1:30, then I headed off wtih Eliza and Libby to my sisters-in-law's shower. Jenny and Laura are both having girls. I made them both several of my "signature" burp cloths. Those are so fun! ...and so addicting because of the fabric!
From the shower I went to the Relief Society broadcast at church. As always--it was excellent! I loved the speakers and I always leave with a desire to be better in several areas. After, they had fondue for everyone. It was so fun and so good. I must get some of the recipes!
Tonight Brian and I decided to have an "in-house" date. I grabbed a movie and grabbed some Chili's. So now we are watching Freedom Writers. It's very good but very intense!


1 comment:
Hey Erin!
I looooved Freedom Writters. It was super intense. Let us know how you liked it!
Post a Comment