Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pull Up a Chair

Lots of random things to post:

First...our day:
--got Eliza off to school
--Libby and Ellie played "pillows" (i.e. jumping on the couch pillows)
--they also played outside for a little bit (glad it's FINALLY cooling off a little)
--gave Hattie a bath
--had lunch
--Ellie had a nap
--Libby and I made brownies
--Libby and I played Uno (AGAIN) and Life (AGAIN!). She said a funny during the game. At the beginning you can pick three "career" cards, then pick the one you want. She picked three and read them off to me, "Teacher, Doctor, or 'Playgirl'". Her third card was "athlete" so she thinks it's a girl who plays sports. Thank goodness. I had a good laugh to myself.
--picked Eliza up from school
--came home and supervised chores
--packed up, stopped at Sonic and went to watch a swim meet. Two of my young women are on their high school swim team. I tried to get a sitter, but didn't have any luck, so we all ventured there together. It was a little crazy at times. Eliza pushed Ellie in her stroller and I pushed Hattie in hers. It was good for the first little while, then Hattie started getting hungry and Ellie didn't want to sit in her stroller any more. I got Hattie a bottle (thank goodness she can hold it herself) and I got Ellie out and had to watch her like a hawk so she didn't jump in the pool. Can you imagine if she did that?!?! But it was fun to watch and I managed to get some photos. We left around 5.





--came home and ate dinner and played outside again.
--Brian and Libby put the new crib together. I think we'll transition Ellie in there tomorrow night. I hope she does okay!

I really want something from here. Sometime maybe. I love this and this and this.

Another funny:
OK--I confess that I enjoy old school "rap" music. I find that I can only listen to a handful of the ones I liked in high school (i.e. Now that I listen more closely to the words, only a few are appropriate!). One that I have on my iPod is "Tootsie Roll." Ellie likes that song, too. There is a part that says, "Slide, slide, slide, slide." When that comes on, she totally sings along. It's quite funny.

I am getting ready to post info about holiday photo sessions if anyone is interested. I'll probably post it tomorrow.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: