Today after Eliza went off to school, I took Libby to preschool. It was our day for treats, so I put them in her bag to take. She wanted to make sure I told Miss Laura where they were and that she didn't want to pass them out. (I guess the kids get to pass them out, but Libby wanted her teacher too.) She had a really great day though and has a lot of fun! While she was at preschool, I tried to give Hattie a nap, she she didn't go to sleep, so we did some errands. I had to pick up a couple of candles from a friend, then I had to pick the picture up from Target.
After school, we came home and ate lunch while H finally napped. We made cookies, too. Libby likes the dough! I wonder where she got that from! When it was time we picked Eliza up, then came home and played and did chores.
Tonight I had mutual and it was such a fun night. It was helping the girls prepare for temple marriage, so we had a lady from our ward speak about how they could prepare and how it has blessed and affected her life. It was excellent! I loved this quote she read by Spencer W. Kimball:
“Soul mates” are fiction and an illusion; and while every young man and young woman will seek with all diligence and prayerfulness to find a mate with whom life can be most compatible and beautiful, yet it is certain that almost any good man and any good woman can have happiness and a successful marriage if both are willing to pay the price. …
So much to think about. For the second part of our night, I had gotten a bunch of bridal magazines, then gave each girl a notebook with page protectors. They went through the magazines looking for ideas and started their own wedding file. Rachel made a beautiful cake we had for our display. She made it with fondant icing, but she "frosted" Styrofoam. She says fondant tastes terrible, so she didn't want to waste a perfectly good cake! So she made another delicious cake that we ate. It was lots of fun looking at our pictures and talking with the girls. I hope they enjoyed it and keep it as their goal.



This morning I got my copy of Becky's new Sketch book. Thanks Becky! She used our pictures for a couple of layouts. It was also fun to see Nanci's pictures I had taken last year. Becky also used some of our Scotland pictures to promote the kit of the month Lisa Bearnson does on her website. Click on "see kit details" then click on Becky's name. It is going to be such an easy way to finish scrapbooking our trip!
Oh yea...today at school Eliza got to buy "hot lunch." She was very excited about it and enjoyed it. We'll have to make it a special occasion or treat for her! She asked us Tuesday morning if she could buy her lunch, but we didn't have the cash or change on hand to give her. But we told her she could the next day. So she said she told her teacher, "My dad is trying to earn money so I can buy my lunch." Out of the mouth of babes!


1 comment:
She did not say that! I am dying for you. YOu guys can be the paupers of the neighborhood with Brian out looking for a job!
Post a Comment