Today was Eliza's 6th birthday! She has been so excited about her birthday and counting down the days. She woke up first, so we couldn't do breakfast in bed, but she got special birthday drawings with the frosting on her toaster strudels. And we sang to her at breakfast. For her class at school we sent heart-shaped Little Debbie snack cakes. When I picked her up, we surprised her with a McDonald's shake. Tonight we ordered pizza and wings, then both sets of grandparents came over for cake and ice cream. Actually I made an ice cream cake, so we had them together. It turned out pretty good! I used vanilla cake and Eliza requested Neapolitan ice cream. Then I used Cool Whip for the frosting. Yum!
For her birthday we got Eliza a pair of pants, shoes (which ended up being too big) and a High School Musical t-shirt. We also got her a karaoke machine. I think I was more excited than she was! We had fun with that tonight, although I think we are going to exchange it for a different one because you can't hear the person singing very well. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good karaoke machine? But overall I think she had a great birthday.
Last night we had mutual--we had a class activity at Target. We divided up into two groups and had 15 minutes to gather 10 items from the store. Then we switched carts to see who could find a duplicate of each item! It was lots of fun. And, yes, we gathered at the end and related the activity to life and the Gospel!
Ok--off to finish Eliza's birthday letter!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
OK...I'm curious now how it related...
H A P P Y
.
.
.
B I R T H D A Y
.
.
.
eliza!
Post a Comment