Monday, January 07, 2008

Rainy Day

I LOVE rainy days. It's a great day!



The funeral on Saturday went well and was a nice service. Eliza didn't want to go into the viewing, but she came in at the end for the family prayer. They were closing the casket and Eliza turned to me all concerned and worried and said, "She is not going to be able to breathe if they close it." I had to keep from laughing out loud but quickly explained that when someone dies, they don't breathe any more. She was so worried! I enjoyed hearing her Life Sketch that Brian's aunt Susan gave. One funny thing is that not long ago during all her hard/sick times, his grandmother said, "I don't know what's wrong with me. I am getting on my own nerves." I made it through the song without crying, so that was an accomplishment. I couldn't think about my own grandma or I would have lost it!



That afternoon Ellie and Hattie napped and I was lucky enough to catch almost an hour nap. Brian took Eliza and Libby out in the desert and watched a movie. They loved it! On their way home they picked up the babysitter and some McDonalds. That night Brian got to redeem one of his Christmas presents--going to a Suns game. We were lucky enough to get some great seats, so that was fun for Brian. They lost though, so that was a bummer, but it was fun to see it so close.

On Sunday, church is now at 11. It's kind of good and bad. Good that it's not such a rush and my meetings are at 9:15 instead of 7. Bad because we get home later! I had BYC, then was able to get a seat. Ellie was a bit restless during Sacrament, so that was a bummer. Maybe it was the new time! Both Libby and Eliza moved up classes and have new teachers.

Today was back to the regular routine. Eliza was off to school and Libby to preschool. They were both really excited. I had gotten used to the lazy schedule, but it will be nice to get back on schedule. I've been trying to figure out a schedule that will work. I like the chore charts I've been doing, but they would wait to make their beds, say prayers, etc. until the afternoon when they did what I put on their chart. So now I made a little reminder chart of their "Daily 4". ...4 things they do every morning...pray, make bed, get dressed and put PJs away and tidy room. Then when Eliza gets home from school they'll do their chore chart with one or two chores since they did most in the morning. It went well this morning, so we'll see how it progresses this week!

Have a great rainy Monday!

1 comment:

Kar said...

I love the daily 4. . .I want to adopt. who is libby's new teacher?