Monday, January 28, 2008

Sore Back Side

That title about sums up my sledding adventure with the youth on Saturday. But first let me re-cap our Friday so I can stay in order. On Friday the drywall people came early and finished their part.




That night was our date night and we did a couple of errands before eating at Babbos. I had my new favorite--Chipotle Chicken Pasta. Yum!! Then we had to go to Wal-Mart and Frys for groceries. It was fun to be with Brian though.

Now on to Saturday. It started off early with a 4:20 alarm clock. I got ready and made sure I had all my snow gear. We met at the church at 5 and ended up leaving around 5:30 for Forest Lakes, which is up on the rim about 2.5 hours away. I drove and Rachel got to ride with me, so that was fun to chat the whole way. We had 5 young women with us. We ended up having enough room for everyone, but I was stressing a little bit as no other leaders were able to come with us. One other ended up coming to drive, so that was helpful. Once we got to our Bishop's parents' house, we put on our snow gear and went into their big heated workshop. Both Rachel and I had eaten breakfast, but we were starving! The priests had camped out the night before, so they were making breakfast and we were lucky enough to get a plate of food. Then we drove about 3 minutes to our sledding location. We had a lot of fun. Many of the girls were fearless, going up and down numerous times. For my first time down, Rachel and I went together and ouch. Rachel was in front and got snow in her face the whole time and I got my share when we landed. After that we got a little braver and did the plastic saucers (that made you turn in circles on the way down) and we did a "boogie board" type sled, even going head first on those. I tried the snow board once but didn't do that great. Overall it was a great day! I had a ton of fun sledding and being with the girls. A couple of the girls brought some flavored drink mix, so some of us sat and enjoyed snow cones with fresh snow. They were really good! While we were eating we got pelted with some snow balls the YM thought would be funny to throw!







When we walked back to the cars, we learned that the person who drove us over couldn't find his keys! He had put them in his pocket, which probably was a bad idea being in the snow. And by the end when we left, there were lots of people on the hill, so finding them would have been nearly impossible. We looked around the car, then I headed back to the hill scanning as I was walking. Meanwhile, back at the truck, several of them gathered around and one of them offered a prayer. As I was walking to the hill, people were walking back to the car and I asked them if they had seen any keys. I didn't have any luck, then I asked Dallin Peugnet. He said, "Yes." I thought he was kidding, but he proceeded to pull some keys out of his pocket and they were the missing keys! He had seen one of the younger kids playing with some keys and he asked, "Are those your keys?" They weren't, so Dallin asked for them (not knowing we were even missing any). It was just a quick and definite answer to prayer. After that little scare, we went back to the house and ate our sack lunch, then headed home. On the way home all the girls in our car had fallen asleep, with Rachel and I in the front wishing we were sleeping! After I got home I was feeling a bit sore, which has only gotten worse as the days go on. I have two good looking bruises on the backs of my knees where I think I must have slammed them hard on the sleds as we landed. I also have a not-very-pretty bruise on my back side. It continues to grow and I am feeling it! I am careful when I sit down or get up or roll over in bed! Ouch! But it was worth it. I was soooo tired when I got home. I sat down and dozed for about 15 minutes and it was so hard to wake up. I was sleeping hard!! That night the Miss America pageant was on, so I watched most of that in between putting girls to bed. I didn't really care for the new way they did the Miss America pageant. It was too casual. Just my opinion. I was sad when Miss Utah got voted out. She was my favorite. Brian went on a daddy-daughter with Eliza and they went to Cabellas and got dinner at the Johnny Rockets at WestGate. They had a fun time.

Sunday morning I had a meeting before church, then church--Sacrament Meeting--was crazy. It must have been the rain, but my girls were not very well behaved. I ended up in the foyer with Hattie and Ellie about half way through. Libby even had to go out once! I was not thrilled! The rest of the day was fine, though. I am not a big fan of our new church time though. By the time we get home, it's time to start dinner practically, it's too late for Ellie to nap, etc. But I am trying to get used to it. While I am complaining, can I just say that Hattie still is giving me trouble napping. She has been in her room crying for about an hour this morning. I went in once and had to change her diaper, but now she has no excuse! It's going to be some tough love this week I have a feeling to get her back on schedule.

Last night when Eliza and Libby were putting on their PJs, Libby accidentally put her head into one of the arm holes. It was so funny, then Eliza did it and they were being so silly. I couldn't stop laughing. It was so funny to me. I thought they looked like ladies who lived in another country with the wraps covering their heads.

And this morning--this is what we saw out our front door. Foggy day!

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

jenn goodman said...

I looove how your new office is coming along. VERY nice!