





I am so behind with my posting! On Sunday night, the power cord on my computer decided to totally stop working and the in-computer battery doesn't hold a charge anymore so I can't use it at all. I've got one ordered and on its way here, so hopefully soon, I'll be up and running. So for now, I am using the other computer, but it's not as convenient.
But...on to the first day of school. I have been a little nervous about Libby going to school--probably just because she is so sweet and so quiet. I wasn't sure if I would be able to hold it together when we dropped her off yesterday morning. But miraculously I did! I got a little misty, but that's about it. Everyone but Libby woke up around 6:30. Ellie wanted to get dressed right away in her new outfit. She looked so cute. Libby woke up around 7:30, then everyone started getting dressed and ready. Eliza and Libby looked so cute in their new outfits. We got lunches made, hair done, backpacks ready, and pictures taken. We all headed over to the school and first went to Libby's room. She was a little timid as we put her lunch in the bin and hung her backpack on the hook. She found her little bucket in her cubbie and made her way to the red table where she wanted to sit since Thursday. She started coloring a picture right away as we said our good-byes. It looked like she got a little teary-eyed but was trying so hard to keep it together and not cry. I reminded her that I had kissed her hand (like the book) and that she could have that anytime she felt sad or missed us. We left and she was coloring away. Then it was off to drop off Eliza. Most of her class were already in their desks. I guess we took too long with Libby! We got her bag unpacked and put away. While she was putting her bag on a hook, I was holding Hattie by her desk and Hattie said really loudly, "E-yi-ya" (translated: Eliza!). Like Eliza--get in your seat! She did well and seemed fairly at ease. Before we left, we walked by Libby's room again and saw her coloring. She turned and saw us and we waved. Ellie was so cute as we went to school today. She had to take her backpack in and she kept saying that she was going to preschool. We had to tell her not until next year. So the rest of the day she said, "I go to preschool next year.
Then Brian went off to work and I was off to Target for a couple of items. On my way, Brian texted me, "Can you e-mail their teachers?" I think he was the one that was going to cry! He wanted me to check on them to see how they were doing. So after I got home a little later in the morning, I e-mailed Libby's teacher and asked. She said she was doing wonderfully--no tears and that she was so quiet! Later she said that Libby actually asked if she could fill up her water bottle, so that was progress! I think it'll just take a few days to warm up, then she'll be a chatty Cathy! After I went to Target, we headed over to Terri's house. She hosted a back-to-school breakfast for the moms. We enjoyed good food (so did Ellie and Hattie--they ate so much!). We chatted and shared first day stories. After Terri's I came home and put Hattie down for a nap. My mom came over and helped me make little back-to-school things for the girls in my laurel class. I saw the idea late Saturday night so it was too late to do it for Sunday, so I decided to do it yesterday and deliver them to the girls. I saw the idea on another blog and thought it was so cute. It's President Hinckley's Be Smart quote attached to a bottle of Smart Water and some smarties. We have four different high schools within our class, so I did them in each of their school colors. It didn't take us too long before we were driving around delivering them.


I was anxious all day wondering how Eliza and Libby were doing and were excited to pick them up at school. We waited in the car for them to come out. When they came out, Eliza found Libby and they were holding hands waiting for me. They were excited to see me and Libby wanted me to look through everything in her backpack. Eliza was a little glum, saying her teacher yelled at them. Later I found out that she loudly told the AM/PM Program kids to line up. I said, "That is not you, so she didn't yell at you." She is sensitive with things like that! But overall, they had a good day. All throughout the evening Libby would tell us things she did during the day. She sat at a table with Autumn, Madison and Emily. And Emily had to go to the nurse because she fell by the water fountain, hurt her elbow and got her shirt wet. Her teacher read The Kissing Hand to them and they colored, did calendar and she could almost name everyone in her class already. She is so observant. Eliza told me some things they did--like her teacher's discipline plan and reward system.
Today was a sad day. Libby was up off and on in the night with a fever. This morning it was 102.1. So, sadly, she had to stay home from school--her second day!!!!! It was tragic. When I told her she couldn't go, she teared up and was so sad. On her own, she asked if Eliza could get the papers should would miss. What a girl. She was most concerned about the coloring she would miss. Brian took Eliza to school this morning. She was excited to go, so that was good. Brian said she decided to walk in on her own and find her room and make her way out to the "big" playground. A friend came about the same time she did, so they walked in together.


1 comment:
Love the Smart handout and your girls look darling.
Post a Comment