Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Food Storage

I've been in food storage mode for the past few days and trying to decide what I wanted to order from Walton. After deciding, I wanted to do some research to get a couple more recipes/ideas for three month supply. In my looking, I found some helpful websites.

http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/2008/06/how-toplan-your-three-month-supply.html (click on the image at the top to get to her most recent post)
http://foodstoragelady.blogspot.com/
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/babysteps/step-3-three-months-of-normal-food/ (3 month supply specifically)
http://sharonastyk.com/2008/03/05/eating-out-of-your-pantry/

I haven't scoured them, but I think they'll at least have something helpful.

Today I bought my three month supply of Suddenly Salads for a lunch. The lady at Wal-Mart seemed a little mad that I was price matching them for a dollar. ...like I was getting away with stealing them or something. She couldn't believe I was price matching because they rang up to $1.58. I said calmly, "They are $1 at Albertson's." She wanted to see the ad, so I showed her and then she proceeded to scour the ad--like she was looking for the dates on the ad to make sure I wasn't bringing her an old ad! I said pretty calmly, "I just got it in the mail today." Then I muttered under my breath, "You can get get some, too, if you want." It was like I took something from her!

Ellie and I had our first parent/tot gymnastics class. She was a little shy at first and not really wanting to do the activities. But towards the end, she was totally having fun. I think next time she'll really eat it up. She looked so cute in her leotard! As we were walking out of the room, she said, "That was fun." So cute!

Tonight for mutual we did aerobics. It was so fun and reminded me how much I miss it! A lady in our ward teaches it, so she came and did some interval training with the laurels. We would do a station for 90 seconds, then come to the middle for cardio. After we exercised, Shelly and I made fruit smoothies for the girls.

Tomorrow is Libby's birthday. I can't belive she is 5!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5 already! That is so crazy! That's fun that you are doing that class with Ellie. I want to get Tommy in a soccer class. I think that exercising with them is so much fun!