Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Friday-Sunday

On Friday, I got adventurous and took the girls swimming at the resort. It turned out to be fun. Eliza and Libby do well playing together, so I just watch Ellie climb out and jump in over and over. Hattie likes to splash and get her face in the water. After swimming we got a couple of ice creams--they were the same price as my $2 Twix...I felt better about paying that for ice cream treats than a little candy bar! It was fun sharing them out on their porch. That night--after trying every young woman around to babysit--we finally found someone to babysit (my cousin) and went on a date. We had a couple of returns to make and we bought part of Libby's birthday present. Then we went to a Mexican food place out by Westgate. It's like Gardinos or something like that. My food was okay--there was way too much cheese on my quesadilla, but I really liked the tortilla soup. After dinner, we walked around a little at the shops, then we went to Target to get E & L water bottles for school.

Saturday morning Brian swam laps, then went into work a little bit. A couple times a year they have contests and things on Saturdays, so he went in. So we just cleaned up around the house while he was gone. In the afternoon, Ellie, Eliza and I went to the outlets for a minute. I wanted to get a hat, so we looked at Quicksilver. I didn't find a hat I liked there, but I found a shirt on sale along with a wallet and an umbrella. We stopped at the Wal-Mart there for a minute, then came home. That night we took the kids to Denny's (I know, I know) but it was kids eat free (2 kids eat free per adult), so we just had to pay for me and Brian. It was okay for Denny's and we didn't have to worry too much about how loud we were! LOL. After dinner, we didn't tell the girls where we were going although they kept asking and asking. We pulled into Westgate and told them to get their swimming suits on, which we had snuck in the back. Then we let them play in the little splash pad they have there. They had a blast. It took Ellie and Hattie a minute to get wet and get into, but once they did, they loved it. While they were playing, Brian watched them while I snuck into the Quicksilver store there and got a hat I had seen the night before. It was a fun night. We came home, watched some Olympics and went to bed.

Sunday morning I had a meeting, so Brian got all the girls ready and met me at church. Church went well. I didn't teach laurels, so I could sit back and listen. Shelly taught a good lesson about repentance. The part I took away was how important daily repentance is. I think we (at least I do) tend to forget that and to repent daily of the little things. She also mentioned how daily repentance can help prevent bigger sins from being committed. Overall it was a great lesson. I teach this Sunday about forgiving ourselves. After church we came home and had a quick snack and gave Hattie a little nap. The Headricks had us over for dinner, so we headed over there. Kari made yummy chicken fajitas (I love fajitas!) with the fixings. It was fun. After dinner we chatted and the kids had fun playing together. It would have been perfect had it not been for the four accidents Ellie had. I thought we had turned a little corner. Ugh. I was ready to pull my hair out.

That night we watched a little of the Olympics (loved the swim relay!) and went to bed. We really enjoy watching the Olympics. The gymnastics have caused our ottoman to turn into a vault. Eliza is pretty good actually! Last night she put on her leotard with a red long sleeve shirt over the top to look like the USA team and she was vaulting over the ottoman! And as we were watching beach volleyball (womens), I asked Brian, "What would it be like to have no flab on your body?!?!" Those ladies are in shape--nothing moves when they jump!

Here is a picture of Libby and Hattie having some fun last week.

I think I might be caught up now!

1 comment:

Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.