Tuesday, August 05, 2008

School Prep

On Sunday night, my parents hosted a grandkid sleepover--for Ellie's age and above. We weren't sure if Ellie would want to spend the night, but she got to do the night activities. They tried to get her to bed, but I think she was afraid she would miss something. As soon as she got settled, she would get up. Brian ended up meeting my dad to get her. She fell right to sleep on the way home. On Monday morning, we headed back over to pick up Eliza and Libby who had fun over there. They did crafts, a scavenger hunt, watched a movie, had treats, etc. We came home and hung out until Brian came home, then we had family home evening. Brian gave the lesson about having a house of order. He did some fun object lessons to show why it is important to have order. Too bad our family home evening was anything but orderly! One day!

Later that night, Libby and I headed out to look for school shoes. Eliza was going to come, but she wasn't feeling great. We tried Famous Footwear, Kohls, then finally Sport Chalet where we found her a pair of Adidas shoes. She also had fun trying on roller skates. Their Roxy clothes were on sale, so she picked out a shirt for school and we got one for Eliza, too.

Today Brian went bike riding, so I had to get up with the girls...three of them were up by 6:30. Ack!! Libby slept until I woke her up at 8:30. Getting up so early allowed me to tidy up, put laundry away, etc, so that was nice. This morning, Brian's mom came and got Libby and Eliza for one last sleepover before school starts. She took the five oldest granddaughters to the cabin for the night. Ellie was so sad she didn't get to go. She had her PJs and stuffed animals and was ready to go. I had told her before it was just for Eliza and Libby this time, but she was still sad. Since it was just Brian's mom, it would have been hard to have little kids there. But we had fun here. Kari saved the day and watched Ellie and Hattie while I took lunch to Brian and his secretary for her birthday. I picked up Babbos and we enjoyed lunch. When we got back home, Ellie and Hattie napped. It was a little glimpse into what it'll be like when I have two in school! It's crazy! I think I could get used to it!

After Brian got home we hurried and had dinner and went swimming at the resort. Ellie wanted a treat before we left, so we got her a candy bar from the little snack shop. Mistake! A Twix was $2! I told Brian when she told him how much it was to say, "Wait...I only want one!" We came home, gave E & H a bath and put them to bed. I headed out to Marshall's and found some shoes for Eliza for school--hopefully she likes them! (They didn't have her size at Sport Chalet.) I also stopped by Wal-Mart and got stuff for lunches for next week. I can't believe how fast this summer went and that Libby will be starting school. I hope I can drop them off on Monday without crying too much.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Good luck on the not crying part. I speak from experience!

Ironygirl said...

I agree. Where did summer go? We still have a lot left on our to-do list!

I can't believe Libby will be in kindergarten! Isaac still has another year of preschool, and he'll be doing 4 days a week instead of two, so that will be an adjustment.

I hope the girls have fun at the cabin. I saw them for lunch today at McDonald's and they were excited. They are so fun to talk to.