
She had fun with that. She also got to bring home a "literature bag," which is a story with a couple of cute little stuffed animals that go along with it. She had piano yesterday (she took Sylvester with her). I am considering having her stop piano. She is really really not wanting to practice and it's a big fight every day to get her to practice even for 10 minutes. Got any ideas?!! To me, it's not worth the fight and becoming her enemy to get her to practice if she really doesn't like it. But then I don't want to pull her out so she thinks that any time something gets hard that she can just quit. I am in a big dilemma!!! She is good at it, so I don't want to not give her chance, but I don't know if it's worth the daily struggle! Ahh...parenting!
I am really enjoying being home with Ellie and Hattie during the day. They are so fun. One of their favorite activities is coloring--even Hattie. She loves it! So we've been coloring a lot. Ellie has been playing a lot of Polly Pockets. She will go in the playroom and play forever! She loves setting them up and dressing them (or picking out the clothes and have me dress them). She also LOVES watching High School Musical 2. It's definitely her favorite. She knows just about all the songs--it's so cute to hear her sing them. She and Hattie love to play together. I love it.
Today I felt like I was in the kitchen all day. I had the chance to take dinner to a lady I visit teach and I made garlic chicken pasta. It sooo good, but it takes a while to make--putting the chicken in the crockpot in the morning, cooking the bacon, then putting it all together at the end. Plus making rolls (only Rhodes) and brownies. It turned out good and we got a yummy dinner out of it, too.


2 comments:
What fun everyone is having at school and at home (for those not old enough for school yet!)! Eliza and Sylvester make quite a cute coloring pair! Sounds like their teachers have some fun activities in place for the kids. That's great to hear.
Getting kids to practice is tough. It is hard to keep at something like that and they think they should progress a lot faster. I have an article I could send you as well as some other ideas if you like.
Post a Comment