Thursday, October 09, 2008

Breakfast

Yesterday I knew Eliza was up to something, but when I got up there was a note stuck in my door…

So I went to the table and found this…



She had felt bad for how she acted after school on Monday, so she wanted to apologize and do something nice for me. It was really sweet. She had made everyone oatmeal and had it all out and the table all set. She made the oatmeal herself and I had to really chew mine down. It needed more milk, but Brian had told her not to use too much and she took it literally. She did put a scoop of peanut butter in it—which is a routine of mine, so that was cute. She can be so thoughtful.

Yesterday morning Ellie and I went to gymnastics. This was her outfit of choice--including the nice headband. It was so funny that she wanted that on like that (I tried to put it on like a regular headband, but she changed it) and she wore it the whole time.

Yesterday afternoon we went to watch one of my young women--Alex--run in her cross country meet. It was at Thunderbird Park and once the sun went behind the mountain, it wasn't too bad! My girls got dirty in the dirt and Hattie tried to go up and pet every dog she saw--which was surprising since Libby is deathly afraid of dogs and Ellie is quite fearful, too.


Last night was mutual. We had a recipe exchange--most of the girls brought a dish and the recipe to share. Then we made recipe journals to put the recipes and then jot down notes as they make them--like if they liked it, or to cook it longer or shorter, etc. It was a fun, laid back night with the laurels and I got caught up on what they all are up to.

Today Eliza and Libby got picked up for school, then I noticed Eliza left her lunch on the arm of the couch. So we packed up and dropped it by the office. Then we came home and I watched my friend's little boy while she helped host a lunch for all the bishops' wives in the stake. After school Eliza had singing and Libby had her first soccer practice. We kind of slyly put her in soccer and slowly dropped hints that she would be playing soccer. We had to do that or she would have been her stubborn self and not do it. Her pink cleats, socks and shin guards sure helped, too. Brian said she did great at practice and had a lot of fun. Whoo hoo!

No comments: