Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cookies

6:15 came early on Monday for hiking. Terri made us run the last part, so that was killer, but we got done faster. After hiking and having some tired legs, we got the girls ready and off to school. Kari brought Kylie over to play for a bit, so Ellie enjoyed that.

After school, we did a couple of errands, then came home for dinner. For home evening we went over the whole budgeting with the girls. I talked to them about how paychecks work and all the different things we have to pay for that come out of that check. I had made a sign (even before Heidi posted hers!) that said, "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." So that is our new motto. They girls seemed pretty supportive of it. We talked about things they can do to help out...not asking for things at the store, not wasting things (food, toilet paper, paper, etc), and being in carpools. If my girls had their way, I would take them and pick them up everyday, but we are lucky to have great people to carpool with. I think they are thinking more about it now. I was able to share my testimony with them about this principle and share some great blessings we have already received in the short time we have decided to make these changes.

Today after the carpool pick up, Ellie, Hattie and I went to aerobics. They both were quite needy during, so I didn't get as good of a workout as I would have liked, but it was still good. We came home and I hurried and got ready before my visiting teachers came over. Karolyn brought me the yummiest white chocolate caramel apple. I would have eaten it all in one sitting if she hadn't told me that their whole family had shared one because it was so sweet! I would have felt guilty! So I spread it out over two sittings. Ha! After lunch, I braved making cookies with E&H. Ellie had fun helping and they both enjoyed eating some dough! I kept a few out to give the girls when they got home from school and some for Brian, but I froze the rest and my plan is to put them in their school lunches.

This afternoon, I took my girls to Karolyn's where she kindly watched them while I went to Activity Day. The lady in the calling with me was in charge and she had the girls paint pumpkins--one for themselves and one to give away.

It was fun and the girls loved the hands-on activity. Brian had dinner ready when we got home (he is going to try to make dinner once a week--love it!)...we had spaghetti and green beans. He is so good to always remember a vegetable. I always forget!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: