Friday, October 31, 2008

Tender Heart

Eliza has such a tender heart. Yesterday I was watching the video of Stephanie Nielsen's little girls singing at the benefit concert. It was such a sweet performance and so touching! Eliza came over as I was watching and watched with me and asked who it was, so I told her briefly the story, who they were, what happened, why they were singing and so on. She watched and her eyes looked sad, then she said, "What can we do to help?" I said that we could pray for them and maybe she could make the girls a card and I could mail it to them. She watched the video a couple more times this morning, then she set out to make a card for the two girls. I busied myself getting their lunches made, breakfast made and cleaned up, and just regular morning activities. I went in to her room to hurry her along for school, and what I found brought me to happy tears. She was in her room, emptying out her piggy bank. She put everything that was in her piggy bank in a ziploc bag and stapled it to the card. It wasn't much money at all, but it was all she had. She can be so sweet and empathetic. So I jotted a little note to their aunt where they are staying and told her why the money was included and mailed it off. I hope it brightens their day--it sure did mine.

No comments: