Sunday, October 05, 2008

Today

This morning I got to sleep in a little bit (8), then I got up and didn't stop until now! We had breakfast--more cinnamon rolls and Eliza, Libby and Ellie had hot cocoa--or "hot water" as Ellie called it. Then we watched conference--my favorite talks from today that stood out were Sister Dalton's about living a virtuous life and standing up for what's right even though you might be standing alone. I also loved the one by President Oswold about being a good teacher and I loved Elder Cooks about trials again. When does the Ensign come out again so I can re-read them?!?

Tonight my parents and Brian and Kamille and family came over for dinner. We had Cafe Rio pork and all the fixings--so delicious!! I can't get enough of the dressing. After dinner we all headed out back for the kids to play. Could the weather get any more beautiful!? It was so pleasant. The kids played on the swingset, ran around chasing each other, played catch and my dad became the "steamroller," which the kids all just LOVE.


Hattie doesn't normally run around like this. I had taken her outfit off just a little bit earlier for spilling some soda down the front. Then she went and found another can and did it again!


Before bed we got out possible Halloween costumes and the girls tried on and put together what they want to be. Our neighbor brought over some costumes yesterday that she was getting rid of and my girls were so excited and are so excited for Halloween to come!

No comments: