Thursday, October 23, 2008

Last Mutual

Wednesday morning started early--hiking at 6. It was windy--and it only got worse later in the day! I hurried home and got ready, then I was off to Eliza and Libby's parent teacher conferences. Eliza's teacher said she is doing great in class--has wonderful handwriting, is a great writer, reader and an amazing artist. She showed me one picture she drew of a tap dancer they read about--it was so good! She had the tuxedo perfect and even had one leg up with the little movement lines to show he was tapping. Her teacher said she wished she had 27 Eliza's. She also mentioned that Eliza is so sweet in class and so tenderhearted, so that is always good to hear. She mentioned that there is one boy in the class that most kids don't really like playing with because he is difficult and just need extra attention. He is the one who is always in trouble. But she said taht Eliza will play with him and call on him, so she (and I) thought that was really nice. Libby also got a good report. She is doing great in class. Her teacher said she participates all the time in class--she just talks very quietly! She also said that when she gets silly, she gets really silly! She said Libby has a really high pitched laugh and she can always tell who it is! She said she is a great reader and is doing very well in class. We were happy to hear they are doing well-we just wish they would save some of that great behavior for us! LOL.

During the day, I tackled Eliza and Libby's closet and dressers. It's always a huge job, but it's done (until next season at least!).

On Wednesday night, Jason and Kari watched our girls so we could both go to mutual. The new YW president wanted me to come since I had put some work into planning it (Young Women in Excellence). When I got there, the new personal progress specialist asked if I would share my testimony about getting my medallion again. So I had to put something together in a few minutes. I started off by saying that after I got released Brian said, "Maybe you shouldn't have gotten your medallion so fast or you wouldn't have been released!" Ha! If only! Before our bishop got up to make some comments, one of my laurels got up and totally surprised me...the YW had each done a little page--with their picture and a note to me--and she had put them together in a notebook. It was so, so nice and meant so much to me. I loved reading through all the letters and I was so touched by their words. It was a nice thing to get at my last mutual night. when we were done, we went and got our girls. Jason and Kari were kind enough to feed our girls, then they made us dinner when we got there, too. Thanks, Headricks.

We got to bed a bit later than normal (the girls, too), so it made for a weird morning. Things went okay until Eliza got up--not until about 20 minutes before her carpool ride came. So I was rushing to get her ready. Then she had a major meltdown about what to wear. I couldn't believe she couldn't find anything to wear--she had a ton of shirts in there. Next time I went in (after her third outfit change), she said madly, "Why do you give us so many choices!?!" Ugh! I can't win. She wasn't dressed and her ride was coming in a couple minutes. I got upset with her trying to hurry her along and she lost it! Then she complained that no one is nice to her--she said everyone at school is mean to her even though she is always nice to them, etc...It was a major meltdown. I ended up keeping her home from school. They only went for 2 hours because of parent teacher conferences, so I figured it wouldn't hurt too much. She was quite emotional and I couldn't stand thinking of sending her to school like that. So she went to aerobics with me and then we only had time to come home and I got ready before we went to pick up Libby. We came back home and they played for a bit before we went to Brian's parents' for "grandmother day." She wasn't there though, but we still all went and the kids played for a while. We spent a lot of time outside--Hattie is really into swinging right now--she likes to be on the regular swing and just hold on. After a couple hours, we left and I played taxi--I took Eliza to singing, then picked up our movie tickets we had bought a while back for tomorrow night, then we went to Libby's soccer practice. We got there early, so the girls played on the playground before it started. Libby did great at practice. I was glad she did it--she threatened earlier she didn't even want to practice. Brian picked up Eliza on his way home, then he met us at practice. We all enjoyed watching Libby practice. I stopped with Eliza, Libby and El at Wal-Mart on our way home. Woosh! What a day.

No comments: