On Friday morning, Rachel, Kari and I went hiking. There is a stretch in there that really has me huffing and puffing! It's steep and switch-back-y. But once it's over, I am glad we got up and hiked. After hiking I stayed sweaty and went to aerobics. It was a leg workout, so by the end, my legs had some good exercise. Hopefully we'll see some results there soon. Finally I came home and got ready while Hattie napped.
After school, E and H napped while Eliza and Libby colored. Then Brian's mom came and got Eliza for a sleepover. She said they had Paradise Bakery for dinner, then went to Brian's granddad's house. She got to pick out a couple of his shiny rocks.
Brian had a camp out, so he left for that at about 4:30, so the other girls and I had dinner--chicken fingers and macaroni, then they helped me deliver some invitations for our first activity day. Then we came home and I put the youngest two down. Libby and I stayed up and played Trouble and Memory and had some ice cream before going to bed.
We were up early as Libby had an 8 am soccer game. So I had to get everyone up and ready and get the two littlest to my parents' by 7:40 so I could go with Libby to her game. Right before we left, I started getting a migraine. I was like--you've got to be kidding me! Terrible timing for sure. So on the drive over to drop Ellie and Hattie off, I had the light thing/blurriness with my eye (don't worry I could see to drive), but by the time I got there that had ended and I just had a headache. I did feel some nausea during her game, but I was able to keep it together. Libby's game was interesting as she wouldn't play. I wish I had some pictures to show, but she sat on my lap most of the time. Later she said she didn't like all the people there watching. That girl! My parents came and Brian's dad had brougt Eliza. She was so excited to see Libby play but to no avail. What am I going to do with her?!?! No amount of convincing could get her to play. Frustrating! After her game we came home and Brian got home soon after. Libby had another game at 2, so he took her back to that. This time she sat on her ball a little closer to the field, so maybe we are making progress. I can't figure her out! I think once she got out there she would forget people on the sides and just have a great time.
On Saturday night, we had to go pick up Brian's car from Tyson's house (another leader ended up driving it home so Brian could make it home a little earlier). So Eliza and Libby rode their bikes while Brian and I took turns walking/running with the other two in a stroller to his house, then we just drove home in his car. It was a little warm but a fun walk.
Today was a crazy day, too. We were able to go to church together since I didn't have a meeting. Sacrament was really good. I loved our high council speaker, then our stake president got up and basically warned us that we need to reevaluate things and that many people's circumstances will change in the next year and that we need to watch our selves, our thoughts, our actions, our deeds, etc. It was interesting timing as on Thursday, Brian and I had decided to "tighten the reins" and create a budget to allow us to save more for a "rainy day" as they say. So this whole budgeting thing is very eye-opening and so is seeing where your money is really going. It's a bit depressing, but I look forward to seeing some changes and progress. It was weird to be back in Relief Society. I do like it in there and each week I'm sure I'll think about being back in young women's less and less.
After church, Brian had to stay after for a committee meeting--they are doing a provident living/financial class during Sunday school time, so he is helping out with that, then he had a scouting meeting and to top it off, he had a fireside. I was not too thrilled about all that in one day, but hopefully they all won't fall on the same day again! We had family dinner over here, so at least the kids were occupied a bit, but it was a little crazy trying to juggle everything. I am ready for bed!
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment