1. Politics
Lots happened this past week while we were gone. Don't read further if you don't want to read about political views. On Tuesday I didn't think too much about the election while we were gallivanting around Disneyland. That night we turned on the news in our hotel room and the first thing we saw was the headline "McCain Concedes". My mouth dropped open and my heart sank. I seriously couldn't believe it. I just thought for sure that he would win. I went to bed that night and just had this horrible feeling and didn't sleep that great. I just kept thinking about the future of our country and of my children. I just pray that Obama can make good decisions and lead our country well. I was given a little more hope since Prop 102 and 8 passed. At least there was some good news that day.
2. Christmas
We turned the radio on on Friday and it was on 99.9. Christmas music!! Brian just rolled his eyes. I figured I better start listening to get into the Christmas spirit. I just can't think about decorating for Christmas right now! That is so bizarre for me.
3. Saturday and Sunday
Yesterday I went hiking early with Terri, Kari and Leslie. It was a good way to start my Saturday. Then Brian went and helped unload a trailer for DI, then he went right into work for a while since he'd missed the last week. So I hung out at home and got ready to go to Libby's game. It was a little hassle getting her in her uniform again, but she did it. We went to her game and she just watched from the sidelines! No amount of convincing from me, her teammates or her coach will get her in there! Ugh. It's hard having a child like that when neither Brian and I were like that--especially when it came to sports. After the game, we stopped by his granddad's house. His mom and dad had been at Libby's game (her cousin Luke plays, too) and she reminded me about a mattress they were going to get rid of over there. So I went and took a look at it. It is a king, so it fits the bed we bought over a year ago. It was nice and clean and would work great for us. So--Dennis and a couple of Brian's uncles strapped it to the top of my van. I was so embarrassed driving home with it on top. I don't know why, but it was just funny to me. We made it home with out anything flying off, so that was good. We spent much of yesterday afternoon dismantling our old bed and getting the new one up. We really like how the new bed looks. We just used our same comforter and pillows--luckily they fit okay and will work until we get what we want. There is so much more room on the king than what we are used to with our queen. Eliza made her way into our bed in the night and we had lots of room. Not that I want her to keep coming in, but it was more bearable than normal!
Today we got up and ready for church. It was my day to teach relief society. I was a little nervous, but at least it's over. It went so-so to me. I need to work on my closure. I felt during the lesson that it went pretty well, but at the end I kind of just ended it. I need to work at summing things up better and expressing my thoughts. I'll just chalk it up to nerves!
Tonight we had Kari and her kids over for dinner. Jason had gone out-of-town for work, so they came over. It was fun to chat and to have the kids play. I made baked potato soup, rolls and dessert. It was a perfect day for soup--so chilly! My parents are in Pinetop and they got snow! Brrrr!
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment