I came home and we went on a little hike with Brian's brother Danny, his two kids and Brian's dad. We went on the same trail that I've been doing in the mornings. I didn't think the kids could make it, but they did. Brian carried Ellie most of the way on the hard part and I carried Hattie. I went the reverse way with Hattie and only partly because there was no way I was carrying her up the switchbacks! It was beautiful weather and view.



We hurried home, had PB&J for dinner and gave the girls baths before zooming off to a wedding reception. It was decorated so nicely--very wintry. We had a nice time visiting, munching and my girls danced a little bit. When they had the daddy/daughter dance for the bride and her dad, I was almost teary thinking of Brian dancing with our girls at each of their weddings. That will be so special for sure. I was also sad to think that we didn't dance at our wedding. That is one thing I regret! They even played the song that I would have loved to dance to: "You're Still the One" by Shania Twain. When we went out to our car, we had parked next to the groom's car that was all decorated. Some funny guy (I am assuming it was a guy) blew up a certain item and used them as balloons on the car. Hattie went right up and started patting it, excited to see a balloon. It fell off the car and my girls were tossing it around. Eliza wanted to know if we could take it home. Um no, dear, I'd rather not bring that home. It was a chuckle for me and Brian.


2 comments:
That's a beautiful view. It was a great day for a hike.
Dad and I are both busting up laughing about the "balloons"!! Hee! Hee!
I regret that, too! Not having dancing at the wedding! I should have done what I wanted!:)
Post a Comment