While I was there, I figured I would have them look at Ellie, too. Hattie's ears were clear and she looked fine, but Ellie's throat was so red. He wanted to do a culture on her but also said we'd better check Hattie, too. Hattie's came back as strep but Ellie's was negative! So weird. He figured Ellie was probably starting into it though, so we got antibiotics for both. When we got home, I put Hattie down for a nap, then Ellie came to me and said she wanted to take a nap. I let her lay down in my bed and before I knew it, she was sleeping! Poor girl. They have been troopers though.
I had told Eliza and Libby that I would pick them up from school and we could go to the book fair to pick out one book. So I put Ellie and Hattie in a stroller to keep them confined and we got books. They really enjoyed it and said that it was the best part of their day.
Tonight we played outside for a while, then had dinner and Brian gave the FHE lesson. It was about using good/kind words and what we can do if hear inappropriate or unkind things or think them ourselves. For treats, I tried a little variation on rice krispie treats. But when melting the butter, you add a cup of brown sugar. Then you do the marshmallows and rice krispies. They were a HIT! I can't really explain the taste--kind of like a rich caramel taste. Yum!
Here is one of my favorite things...clean little girls after a bath--playing in Hattie's room before bed.

Last night, I told Hattie she could play a minute before I put her down. I went into a different room and she had gone out of her room into the family room. When she saw me, she turned right back around, ran into her room, saying, "I pay (play), I pay..." She didn't want me to put her down. It was funny.


1 comment:
Made those Rice Krispies, too! They were yummy!
Post a Comment