Saturday, November 15, 2008

Busy Days

Thursday was a busy day! It seemed from sun up to sun down, I didn't sit down save for using the restroom! During Hattie's nap in the morning, Ellie helped me make some pumpkin cookies. I love pumpkin stuff, and these were good, too. I also worked on a stitchery I am making for a wedding gift we have coming up. Then I did a bunch of laundry and cleaning. Thursday is our busy day where everyone's activities are at the same time. Chrystalyn took Libby to soccer and my parents met them there and they brought her home after. Eliza was able to carpool to and from singing, which helped out a ton. I vacuumed out the van and got it nice and clean inside. When everyone got home, we had dinner and I got Ellie and Hattie down for bed. Eliza and Libby wanted to play a game, so we played the HSM game (Eliza won), then it was bed for them. Brian was gone all day at a fall regional meeting for work, then went straight to the temple to be with Bryson King as he went through for the first time. It was a long day for all of us!

Friday was just as busy if not more! In the morning, Rachel and I went hiking. I am glad I had to meet her otherwise I would have turned over and gone back to bed! I came home and got ready. Kari brought her girls over while she went on a field trip with Tanner. It was nice to have playmates for my girls. They had fun playing. I took them back to Kari's, then dropped of Ellie and Hattie while I went to a visiting teaching appointment, then we came back and did our visiting teaching to Kari! From there, we went to grab an ingredient from the store, then it was off to Terri's. She needed me to stay with some of her day care kids while she did the pick up. Libby got to stay and play with Carson, which was so great. Brian went biking at the end of his day instead of in the morning, so after he got home, Eliza and I took off to do some errands, then to go to a going away get together for a lady that I visit teach who is moving. Blah blah blah...we finally made it home and went to bed.

Today was a weird day in that it didn't go as Brian or I had planned, but it worked out. Libby had an 8 AM game with pictures before. So we got up and got everyone up and ready. Brian took soccer duty today and took everyone with him. Side note: Libby wouldn't get in the picture or play in her game. What am I am going to do with her!? I stayed home and did some tidying up and vacuumed a little, then Terri and I met at 8 for some hiking. We did the extra loop today, so she said it was like 4.5 miles we went. Crazy. It was fun though. I came home and hurried and got ready. Brian's dad had "family day" at the office. My girls needed cleanings (teeth), so they went and Jared's family went for cleanings. The dads assisted Dennis while he did his work. Brian's mom had kept Hattie, so I had to go relieve her. Anyway...it was a hectic day. They ran out of time and my girls were getting stir crazy being confined to the office for so long. Long story short, we met back up in the afternoon for my niece Amy's first birthday party. They had some appetizers out, so we enjoyed those, then the kids played some games, followed by cake and presents. I left a little before it was over. I met up with four other ladies and we had dinner at Paradise, then we went to a high school play. One of the young women I had before the ward split was in her school's play--Up the Down Staircase, so we all went to support her and watch. It was really well done. I was most impressed with their set. It was cute and the students did a really great job in the play. It was a fun night out to do that.

No comments: