Today was bread day. My mom and I have been trying some different things to make sure it's done but so the tops aren't as dark. So today we put foil over the tops sooner than we have before. It seemed to do the trick. We also figured out that my top oven cooks hotter than the bottom, so I think we'll try turning it down about 10 degrees next time. We also added a secret ingredient to the mix...lemon juice. My mom read on-line that it helps make softer bread. You can't taste it in the bread and we liked the texture. I am not sure what it does, but it was good.
As the bread was cooling, we hopped in the car to go to Bath and Body Works. I parked and looked down and realized I was still wearing my slippers!!!! Talk about embarrassing!!!

They just feel like regular shoes, so I didn't think twice about it. At least I had taken my apron off! And luck would have it, I saw Melissa Stocking there. Murphy's Law.
Ellie and Hattie took early naps because I had the school pick up today. It was nice--I was able to edit some pictures from a recent session. Near time to leave, I had about 10 minutes left, I really wanted to just sit and watch Rachael Ray, but I decided to get up and I got the stuff under my bathroom sink cleaned and organized. Glad it's done though! After school we went over to Becky's. She had invited a bunch of people over to hang out and let the kids play. Only about 5 moms came, but it was still fun to sit and chat and my kids had a blast running around.
It was French Toast for dinner, then Brian was off to mutual (I liked it when I went better!). Eliza watched Kit Kittredge and Libby watched Polar Express. It was a busy night, but now all are sleeping...soon followed by me.


3 comments:
Did they like "Kit"?
Ok, the slipper thing is too funny. Jim did that once too! We took the kids (they were little) to the Glendale library (the Brown st one) and on the way in to the library I looked at his feet and started laughing. It's especially funny when you know him and what a Mary Poppins he is...practically perfect...
I have done the same thing with my slippers too. I have also been out and realized that I had one navy blue shoe on and one black shoe on. You should never buy the same shoes in black and blue. Good for you for still going in and taking a picture :) I want to come bake at your house - it sounds like so much fun!!
Post a Comment