Yesterday I bailed on hiking. Rachel decided not to go since they just got home and Kari couldn't go. I didn't want to go alone, so I stayed asleep. I am getting out of the habit--it going to get harder and harder to get up!
The rest of the day was spent at home. I did some vacuuming and general cleaning of the house. I can't think of what else we did. At night we had family home evening, then played a few games of Apples to Apples. That seems to be popular at our house lately. My girls (Libby especially) want to play it all the time.
Today my girls didn't have school. It feels weird to have a holiday in the middle of the week. We were planning to go to aerobics, but it was cancelled, so we stayed home. My girls did some coloring and we did more playing of Apples to Apples. Eliza wanted to draw a scarecrow to put outside for Thanksgiving. It turned out cute--I'll have to get a picture. After lunch we went to the park by Terri's house. She met us there, then Susan Allen randomly showed up. It was fun for the kids to all play together and for us to chat. We came home and I gave Ellie and Hattie baths to get all the sand off of them, then they went down for naps after a little visit from my parents. It was good to see them since they'd been out of town for a few days. During the naps Eliza and Libby played outside a bit while I prepared for activity day. Today I did an activity on gratitude. First I talked to the girls a bit about gratitude. I had them put a rock in their shoe while eating a Skittle and had them walk around the room. I asked what they focused on (the rock) and we related that to gratitude. Then we made gratitude journals. I had cut all the paper in advance, but they folded and stitched in the signature. They seemed to have fun doing that. Then I had put each letter of the alphabet in a bag and each person took one and said something they were grateful for that started with that letter. I was happy with how the activity went.
After the girls left we had dinner. I finally found something Libby would eat! I made chicken coated with some "oven bake" stuff (like shake and bake), then cut it up into pieces before she ate it. I told her they were like little chicken nuggets. Everyone loved it. And we had my fav side--scalloped potatoes!
Happy Veteran's Day. I was thinking about it today--how I am at home enjoying living in the USA and being free to do whatever I want ,but that it's because someone (and someone's husband, dad, brother, son) is serving and fighting for those rights. Thank you.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment