Monday, December 29, 2008

Random

Hattie enjoyed her new quiet book during church and it kept her entertained most of the time. In RS we had a great lesson based on Elder Wirthlin's talk "Come What May, And Love It." His stories were so funny and make me laugh every time I read them! The lesson was a good reminder though to try not to take things so seriously.

After church we had lunch, Ellie and Hattie took naps and the rest of us did puzzles, I worked on my lesson, and my girls discovered a new website. In the Friend this month, it mentions their new site, so we tried it out. It is great! You can do hidden pictures games, read stories, listen to stories and listen/watch scripture stories. Eliza and Libby really enjoyed it not to mention is was a great Sunday (or any day) activity.

I made a cake last night for a snack--I didn't realize someone like the icing so much.

It was actually homemade as I didn't have any in a can. I must have found a good recipe!

Rhonna Farrer--a digital designer with whom I've worked on many Autumn Leaves books--has her blog up. Go check it out. I love her digital kits, especially photo frames.

So last night, Eliza, Libby and I wrote down a rough outline of things we could do this week to keep my sanity since they are home from school. Today was day 1 of it and it went well. They got up, did their daily 5 stuff, chose three chores and did them, then we spent the rest of the morning out front while Hattie napped. It was cold at first, then warmed up to being nice. We had lunch, played some more, then had quiet time with Ellie and Hattie napped. We need to work on quiet time activities, so I can have some down time, too. That will be our goal for tomorrow. Then it was back outside until Brian got home. Around 5, David Goss brought Libby's bike over after putting it together. She was so excited in her quiet, bashful way. She wouldn't get on it front of everyone, but got on in front of our house and didn't want to stop riding! She loves it.

We came in, had dinner, then had family home evening. I did a lesson about goals and had each person (Libby and above) list a goal in a few areas on a little chart I found online in the Friend. It was cute to see their goals for 2009. Then was had a dessert that Eliza concocted--she cut up these big Gherideli chocolate chips and put them in peanut butter and we dipped pretzels in it. The girls loved it! I am beat from being outside most of the day! I'd better go put my feet up! LOL.


Why is this our absolutely most dreaded task in our home that we get behind on no matter how hard we try (or don't try)?!?!?!

2 comments:

Ironygirl said...

Ha! That's what I was doing all day yesterday as well. Now everything is clean and folded, but have I put it away? No... hopefully I'll get it done today before I have to start washing again next week.

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

i think it is so cute that almost everything in your piles are pink. so cute. house of girls. i love the system i have. i start load every morning before anything else. then before you know it, it is in the dryer then i do another one while making dinner. also each person has their own basket so when i pull clothes out of the dryer it goes directly into their basket folded. then every few days they put their baskets away. i never pull anything out of the dryer without folding it. it works for us. every week i get behind but i have a good hubby that kicks it into gear on fridays or saturdays.