




A few days before I had Ruby, they started enforcing a no one under 12 allowed to visit policy. Before, siblings could come visit if you had a new baby, so my girls had been looking forward to visiting. When they called me the morning of my induction, they told me of the new policy. I was so sad and I knew my girls would be, too, knowing they couldn't see me or the new baby until we got home. So the Thursday we got home was a big day. It was early release for my girls at school, so Brian and I got home from the hospital around noon, then he went to pick up Ellie and Hattie from Terri's and Eliza and Libby from Chrystalyn. When they got home it was a rush to see Ruby. They loved looking at her and holding her.
I am hoping the newness wears off a little though--and I think it is a little bit--but at first Eliza and Libby argued over who was holding her and for how long, etc. It was been a hard transition with that! And we are having to teach what is helpful and what is not. They think Ruby should be up all the time and not sleep! Heaven forbid she take a nap or take a nap in her crib! And the other thing is learning how to just hold her. Eliza and Libby like to keep her in the same position for two seconds, then put her on their shoulder or on their legs, etc. It's frustrating!!! But I'm sure we'll get over that soon.


3 comments:
She is so beautiful! Congratulations! Aren't epidurals wonderful?!! They girls are so cute with her. Love, Cam
Those girls -sorry, it sounds like I'm a hick apparently. :)
Amazing. Sitting here reading this post and the mixed emotions I have. While I DO NOT envy the undoubted stess of having so many little girls, ah, the idea of a fresh, new baby! So heaven sent. They are all so beautiful.
Post a Comment