Saturday, October 24, 2009

Primary Program Practice & Trunk or Treat

Friday was early release again. After picking up, we came home and had lunch. Then the girls had to do three chores each (Eliza and Libby). Libby was the first one to do them and did them without complaining. I took Libby over to Carson's for a play date. The rest of us were just home the rest of the afternoon. In the evening, Eliza, Libby and Ellie had a practice for the primary program that is tomorrow. Since Brian is over primary, he went, too. They practiced the program a few times and fed the kids pizza for dinner. Brian texted me and said that Libby had actually said her part and did it. A miracle!! Even if she doesn't do it on Sunday during the actual program, the fact that she did it every time they practiced was enough for me! Brian said she was very quiet, but I am so amazed and glad that she got up there and did it! That is huge for her.

While they were gone, I took Hattie and Ruby grocery shopping. Ruby started being fussy at the beginning, so I had to hold her and try to shop and push the cart one handed. We survived, but it wasn't easy!

This morning Eliza had a soccer game. They didn't win, but Brian said she played really well, especially defense. I stayed home with Ruby and Libby. We met at his parents after that and did our cleaning/moving of the chicken coop duty and checked out beds for Libby. Brian's mom had one that will work, so today we got it all set up and got a mattress, so she is good to go!

Tonight was our ward trunk or treat. This year for costumes, Eliza was a 50's girl. She was going to be Taylor Swift, but we had a hard time finding a wig and a dress. Libby was a hula girl. Kind of. She wore jean shorts and t-shirt with a flower on it. She did wear a shell necklace, so that was an addition from what I thought she would wear. I was a little embarrassed thinking that people probably thought that I didn't get a costume for her. Believe me--we tried!! She wanted to be a hula girl and that is what she picked out to wear! Ellie was Aurora (when she wore the blue dress), although everyone thought she was Snow White. (P.S. Snow White has a yellow skirt on her dress.) And Hattie was Tinkerbell. She has been telling everyone for the past month, "I be Tinkerbell for Halloween." And she has been wearing the costume around for the past few weeks and loving it! Ruby wore a little Halloween sleeper. Eliza thought she looked like a boy, so we put an orange flower in her hair. The night started out with the traditional chili dinner (hot dogs for the kids), then they had games. Bishop and his family did a haunted house that was pretty good I hear. There were strobe lights, so I'm sure that would have done me in! I also had to watch the little girls who would be too scared. I think Eliza only made it through the first room and then screamed to come out! LOL. After that, they loaded up on candy going around trick or treating. That is always a fun activity and a fun night!

I need to take better pictures on the real Halloween, but here are some from before the trunk or treat.




1 comment:

Ann said...

Very cute! It's a good thing I knew who was wearing which costume or I might not have recognized them!!