Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Fun










So lately I've been trying to think of ways to help Libby feel special and important. I'm not sure if it's having a new baby in the house or what, but she has been a bit harder than normal. So one thought I had right after I had Ruby was to do a little Halloween get together with a couple of her friends. It wasn't the best timing after just having had a baby, but I just felt like it might be something to help her feel important, so it was worth it. So with the help of my mom, we've spent this month brainstorming things to do and getting things prepared. Today was finally the big day of the actual party. She just invited three friends--two of whom were able to come. Sadie and Jillian were the lucky guests!

When the girls arrived, we had printed off a cute Halloween coloring page for them to color until everyone was here. Our first activity was making a glittery pumpkin. I got small, foam pumpkins from Hobby Lobby and they painted on glue then added glitter. They turned out so darling!

Our second activity was to make ghosts. They dipped nutter butter cookies into white chocolate, then added mini chocolate chips for the eyes. I thought they turned out so cute and they are so very delicious...think peanut butter and chocolate! Next we made witches wands (chocolate covered pretzels). Once they dipped them, they added Halloween sprinkles. While those were setting up, they had dinner. I made mummy wraps (crescent rolls wrapped around hot dogs) along with chips and juice. The last thing was painting nails...I did orange with black dots on Sadie and the opposite on Jillian. Libby didn't want hers painted tonight. After that they ran around outside until their moms came. It was a fun party and I think they all enjoyed it! When they left, they got to take home their "crafts" in their goodie bag. I had my mom make trick or treat bags from some cute fabric I got. Inside we also had put a few things--Halloween bowl, pencils, a card game and some button covered ponytails.

2 comments:

Jessica P. said...

What cute idea, I think when my kids are a little older I'm going to be re-reading you blog for cute ideas, and I think I am going to start calling you "Super Mom!" :)

Kar said...

oh my sadie had a blast, she wanted to know where you got your nail painting training if you went to the place by target or what because you are very skilled in that! Thanks for inviting her she needed some girl time badly!