Monday, October 30, 2006

Look Ma...No Training Wheels


Look who can ride a bike now without training wheels! Thanks to the neighbor girl who worked with Eliza for a little bit, she can now do it! She is loving it. Now we have to get her a new bike. She learned on the little girl's bike who lives two doors down, so now I think it's time for Eliza to have a new bike. But she has to earn it by improving her listening, so I will be making her a chart to start tomorrow.

Ellie also said "mama" for the first time today.

It's a good start to an already full week. Tomorrow we will be crazy with Halloween festivities in the evening. Wednesday is mutual, and Friday and Saturday Brian has to go to fall regional meetings for work in Yuma, then we top it off by going to my 10-year high school reunion on Saturday night. I am a little nervous to go to that and don't know what to wear! I'm in the awful in between stage of not fitting into maternity clothes yet, but when I wear my regular clothes is looks like I enjoyed a few too many Hershey Kisses. So that will be one task for the week!

Happy Trick-or-Treating tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!!! Ten years already??? It seems like just yesterday...
I'm excited Eliza can ride a two-wheeler! She'll be off now!!!

jenn schlegel said...

Congrats on your newest bike rider. It's such a freeing day for them! Wait for the 1st big crash ... that was a sad, sad day! You'll have SO much fun at your 10 year and I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

e--you're going to look gorgeous at the reunion. fret not. you always do, whether you opt to embrace the prego-ness of your body or hide it, you will blow them away that you are an incredible, talented wife, mother of nearly four, and author. you say that you are not much of conversationalist, but i beg to differ because it was due to your ability to make people feel at ease and simply, feel like themselves around you, that made me break out of my shell all those years ago at EFY. Go Exclamation Generation! You were an example and shining light then and continue to be now. Have a ball!--M