Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Ellie is One!!!



Today was Ellie's birthday. She is a big one year old. Today for some reason she seemed all of a sudden older--just acted older--walked more, talked more, etc. She is growing up! Eliza did say sadly, "Ellie doesn't look one to me." I don't know what a one-year-old should look like, but I guess Ellie doesn't look one. She seemed to have a good day though. I didn't go to aerobics as I was trying to get some things done around the house. Eliza had preschool and Libby spent the afternoon with my parents. One-on-one she is a gem, but when she and Eliza or she and Ellie or even her and I have been together lately, it is not pretty. I think it's her terrible threes, but she is difficult. I hope it ends soon. Seems like I get through one thing and the next thing starts. My patience has been tried beyond measure lately and I am not doing well with it. I keep trying though.

Tonight after dinner my parents came over and Ellie got to open her presents. She got a Little People castle, pull along thing for the little plastic balls she has, a push walker thing that converts into a car you scoot on and some books. She was happiest though sitting on an empty box. ...doesn't take much to make her happy.

I just got finished making a pie for Thanksgiving lunch. I hope it tastes as good as it looked as I was making it.

I am excited for Thanksgiving. It ought to be a fun day. I am actually glad we will be traveling on Friday, so I don't feel like I have to be out shopping. I was at Bath and Body Works today splurging on Spicy Gingerbread 3-in-1 and they said they open at 4 AM on Friday. Insane. The toy store opens at 3. Even more insane. I for sure won't be there.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: