Our ward is having a big Deseret Industries drive to fill their shelves by December 1st. I guess they are very low on items. so on Sunday night Brian and I went through our closets and made two huge piles to donate. Then for family home evening , I talked to the girls a little bit from the scriptures about helping the needy and being charitable. Then I said we were going to go into the toy room and choose some things that they think another little boy or girl would like to have and we would donate that to DI. At first Eliza put on a sad face and said she didn't want to choose anything, but when we got in there and started talking about it, she was finding things right and left. They were so cute and chose some Disney princess figures that they thought another little girl would enjoy. I loved it because Eliza picked her favorites and thought another girl would like it best because they had "sparklies" on it. I was proud of them for being so giving. Yesterday morning Libby came in with a little toy baby bottle and said, "Let's give this, too." I am glad they are thinking of others.
In other news:
I have a massive to-do list this week before Thanksgiving and on into December. We are trying to get ready for Ellie's birthday, Thanksgiving, our trip to Utah, Polar Express, my friend Amber's bridal shower and wedding and then Christmas!!! It is coming so quickly.
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment