
Let's just go in order...
Friday ended up being a better day than Thursday, thank goodness! We went to aerobics in the morning, then I watched a friend's little boy for a couple of hours. While Eliza was at preschool, he and Libby played wonderfully. I was able to get the whole house vacuumed and the laundry done. It felt great to get so much done. After I got Eliza from preschool, the girls played out front for a while, then we grabbed McDonalds and we went to Brian's parents where Eliza and Libby had a little sleepover. Ellie and I did some errands, then we came home, Ellie went to bed and I worked on a book.
This morning I picked up the girls and we came home so Ellie could nap. I watched the girls play outside again, then we ate lunch and headed off to watch one of my young women run in the state cross country meet. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I would take us all there. We survived just fine, but it was an experience. We had to "hike" about a 1/4+ mile to where the race was (and then back) and it was at a golf course, so it was very hilly grass mounds. And when you are pushing a double stroller, it is hard!!! My legs were hurting and I definitely got my workout for the day. The race went well and Cami did well, too. On the way back we decided to ride the shuttle to the parking lot, but getting on the bus was a sight. I had to hold Ellie, fold down the stroller and heft it onto the bus. Crazy! Good thing I don't look too pregnant or people might have thought I was crazier than I looked. But we survived and I am glad we went.
Then tonight was my big 10-year high school reunion. It was at Aunt Chilada's at the Point Squaw Peak. And we actually had a really good time. I was surprised that I remembered most everyone's names and recognized who everyone was. But it was pretty laid back and everyone interacted with everyone else, so that was fun. It was great to see my friends that I hung out with and played sports with. In the picture above, it's Summer and Sam. They, like most everyone else, look just the same. But it was fun to catch up. Summer is getting married next Saturday, so it will be fun to hang out with the same group again. They gave out "most likely" awards, and I actually got one. Ha ha! I got the "most likely to have the all-American family." I guess that is a compliment. ...better than "most likely to have had the most plastic surgeries" or "most likely to have the most tattoos." I got a little frame as my prize. Funny!
We left while everyone grabbed more drinks from the bar and we stopped for ice cream at Cold Stone. If you like dark chocolate, then you need to RUN down there and try their dark chocolate peppermint ice cream. Heavenly!!!! I loved it. I would've just had it without a mix-in, but the lady suggested adding Oreos, which I did and loved. But it is very good.
So that is it! I think I am caught up now.


2 comments:
So fun at your high school reunion! I ended up not going to mine.......
None of you have changed...much! Wish I could have been a mouse and watched it all and seen everyone!
Post a Comment