Friday, December 01, 2006

Home





We are finally home and it feels so good! Yesterday morning we got all packed up and in the car ready to leave and the car wouldn't start. Nice. Luckily we found a nice man in the parking garage who had some cables and got us going again. So we got a little later start, but it was a start nonetheless. The girls did okay. They had some very rough stretches where I was ready to fly or walk home, but we made it. I drove for a while, too, so that was a nice break from having to entertain the troops in the back. We ended up going through Vegas and it was a different drive. It was pretty in St. George (where we got to see the temple) and through the gorge, but in Vegas we hit some traffic. I would have no desire to live or visit there--not because of that but because of the atmostphere. It went fairly quickly from Kingman to home and we finally pulled in around 11. We all slept well and are glad to be home.

Today I've been trying to get caught up and back into a routine. Eliza had preschool, so that helped get us back into the groove. I was also greeted this afternoon with a mound of boxes that I need to write up next week for another book. The bad thing is that my lower back has been hurting like nothing else. It hurts to walk and sit down. I've called my chiropractor, but he doesn't work on Fridays. So I am hoping he'll call back to suggest some relief until then. I feel like an old lady, but it doesn't feel good. :(

I can't believe it's Friday though. Feels like a Monday, but it's nice that it's Friday and the weekend already!
(I can't post all the photos I want, so I will do that in another post.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Libby barefoot in the picture with the nativity at the temple? Brr......