Tuesday, March 06, 2007

And Don't Count on a Salesperson to Make You Feel Good Either



Sorry the one picture is sideways...I didn't have time to turn it yet. But that is Hattie at 5 days old. And the other is Ellie laying so cute on Brian at my parents' on Sunday. She is a daddy's girl. And so is Hattie. ...and Libby. and Eliza once in a while, too.

I was nursing Hattie this afternoon and the doorbell rang. I wasn't going to get it, but someone was going to bring dinner tonight, so I decided to cover up and get it just in case. Bad choice! It was two girls--actually young ladies--they were 19 and 21. They were going around selling magazines to earn "credits" that will help them improve their life, etc. You know the story. Making small talk, they asked how many kids I had. Well, first, they wanted to see the baby. I was like, "She is eating." They asked me how old I was. I told them 28 and the one girl turned to her friend in disbelief and said something like, "Is she for real? No way!" I was feeling pretty good about myself thinking...wow--they think I look so young. Then she said, "I thought you were for sure like 34 or something." Nice. I for sure won't buy your magazines now!!!! I wasn't going to anyway, but I was like, please no! Don't tell me I look older than I really am. Oh well.

Today was a pretty good day. Hattie had her newborn check-up with Dr. Kleiner. We are taking her to Pediatrix and I really like it so far. He is a great doctor, so I am glad we decided to go with them. Our neighbor across the street is a pediatrician with this group so we thought we'd give it a try. But Hattie checked out great. She was 7 pounds and 20 1/4" long. I felt good after getting all 4 girls out the door, dropping three of them off at my friend Leslie's house and getting to the doctor on time!

Last night was a little rough. She ate at about 12:30 and didn't go right back down to sleep. We tried the pacifier, the bouncy seat, letting her cry, etc. Nothing worked, so at 3:30 I fed her again. Even after that she cried herself to sleep for a minute or so, but then she slept until 6:30. I was so tired this afternoon. For her naps today, I tried rolling up blankets and putting on either side of her and at her head. She slept for over 4 hours this afternoon. I hope it has the same effect tonight. I need some sleep!

No comments: