Sunday, September 16, 2007

Alone Weekend

This weekend has been quite busy but fun. On Friday, Brian took Eliza to school, then dropped Libby off at preschool. I dropped Ellie and Hattie off at my friend Leslie's house, then I went to Eliza's classroom to volunteer a bit. I helped tear out pages from the kids' workbooks, so her teacher could pass them out instead of trying to get the kids to turn to a certain page (which I guess for some is nearly impossible!) So that took all the time I was there. It was fun to see Eliza in her classroom setting. She sits by a chatterbox who got pretty annoying even during the time I was there, so when Eliza complains about her, I can sympathize. She wanted me to eat lunch again with her, so I did. I don't ever expect to eat too much while I am there as the cafeteria setting with 100 plus kindergartners makes me lose my appetite. Kids sharing spoons, food all over their faces, smashed grapes on the floor. Eek!

From the school, I picked the younger two girls up and my mom had picked Libby up from school and brought her home. Brian ended up picking Eliza up from school so they could do their weekend plans. I had scheduled to go to Becky's class on Saturday at the CK Scrapbook Convention. So, since I was going to be gone some of the day, Brian decided to take all four girls up to Mund's Park to his parents' cabin. He is so brave and so good! They drove up there, played, slept and on Saturday, he took the oldest three on a 3 mile hike! (Brian's mom had gone up there and she watched Hattie.) Ellie even walked most of the way. They had a fun time.

Since they left, that left me with a strange Friday night. Right after they left, I went to Target to get a couple groceries. Then I stopped at Kirkland Home. Evil, evil. It's not good that there is one so close! I bought a clock for the playroom and a basket that I have plans to use for when I take newborn pictures. I stopped at Joann's, then grabbed some dinner before coming home. I took advantage of being alone and tried to get caught up on Heidi's class. I went to bed at about 11:30, which is pretty early for me! On Saturday morning, you'd think I'd sleep in, but nooooo, I decided to go sweat in the heat at a cross country meet. Two of my young women were running. I got there a little after 8 because that is when they said it started. When I got there I saw them and asked when they ran. ...not until 9:30!! The Varsity teams were going first this time, then the JV boys, so they were last. So I left and went nearby to a Wal-Mart and Old Navy, then went back. I watched the race (actually just the beginning and end--that's all you can really see) and sweated out there! I can't imagine running in that heat!



From there I picked up my mom and we did a couple of errands before going to the scrapbook convention. We looked around at the vendor fair, then went to Becky's class. We met up with Leslie and Monique from my ward where we all got a chiding because some ladies thought we were cutting in line to get into Becky's class. Um...hello! It's a class, ladies, settle down! Everyone will get a seat. Becky did a great job with her class/presentation, so that was fun.

After that I came home and literally seconds later, Brian and our girls got home. So that night we played, did baths and bed. I was so, so, so tired! I fell asleep putting Eliza to bed. And it was one of those sleeps that it hurt to get up! But I woke up a little later and Brian had gotten Bajio for dinner, so we ate that, then watched The Ultimate Gift. What a fabulous movie!!!!!!! I stayed awake and loved it. I would highly recommend that! It is so inspiring and makes you see what is really important.

Today has been crazy. We went to church and that was great. I taught in Laurels and the lesson was about service. It went well and I really enjoyed all the discussion and sharing we did. Right after church, Brian went home with the girls and I stayed for BYC (a planning with the Bishop and the youth), then I had my meeting with a counselor in the bishopric to discuss how the young women are doing.

I came home and got to rest for about 20 minutes, then my parents came over followed by Brian and Kamille and family. Sunday dinner was here. Yum! Our contribution was dessert and we made pretzel hugs. I couldn't find Hugs at the store, so we used kisses instead and they still turned out really good. Eliza had fun helping me make them. This evening we had a fireside. Before the fireside, me and my two laurel advisers and two young women in our class took a birthday gift and wishes to one of our girls who just turned 16 and who'll be in our class. I think she was surprised to see us. The fireside was good, too. Alan McRae spoke about growing up in Scotland. What a day!

A few days ago, Ellie thought it would be fun to sit in the trash can. Libby followed suit! It was cute.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Ellie makes me laugh! She's so funny.