Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Preschool






Today was Libby's first day of preschool. Like I expected, she was dressed and ready by about 7 and came in our room with her backpack and said, "I want to go right now." I had to tell her it didn't start until 9! Until then, we got Eliza ready and off to school. Libby didn't want me to take any pictures of her, as you can tell by the ones I took--she wouldn't pose for me! A little before 9, I took Libby to school and walked her in. She was excited in her own little bashful way. We went up stairs and Libby put her bag down and got playing. She had a good time at school and said they ate crackers for a snack and played outside for "recess." She told me a few of the kids' names who were there, but she didn't remember them all. Her favorite part was reading the big books, she said. And they read There's a Dragon in My Wagon. I can't believe she started preschool! I think I didn't cry because preschool is still a pretty controlled atmosphere. Just wait till next year!

While she was at school, we just played here and I worked on some baby shower invitations I am making. We picked Libby up, got the rundown from her, then came home until it was time to get Eliza. My mom came over for a little bit on her way back from an errand. Libby helped me make some brownies while she was there and they also had fun being crazy while she was here.


After school, Eliza played at a friends' house and I played Life with Libby. She gets sad when Eliza goes to play and she has to stay with me! So I convinced her we'd have fun playing Life. We did. I had put Ellie and Hattie down for a nap, so it was just us.

Guess what was in our front yard this evening? Would you guess a javelina? We must live in the desert! We couldn't believe our eyes! He was roaming the neighborhood I guess and stopped for some water out of the gutter. Scary!!! I've been leery
going out front ever since!




Tonight we didn't have mutual because we have an activity on Saturday, but I went with Becky to my mom's ward mutual where she did a personal history activity. It was the cutest thing...The idea is to journal on the pages about the topic listed. Put on some patterned paper strips and you have a keepsake about yourself. My mom is the personal progress specialist in her ward and totally planned the entire activity. It was well done and so cute. She had kitted everything for the girls, so it was easier for them to assemble. The refreshment table was darling, too. And Becky did a great job as always being inspiring about journaling and keeping a personal or family history.







What a day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your book turned out so cute. And that's a scary looking creature!! EEK!!!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness!!!! I've heard of them being at the Vistancia waterfall, but I've never actually seen one!! Your neighborhood is well developed too ... although you have all that construction just south of you ... yikes!!!!

I don't blame you for being leery about going outside.

Kar said...

Oh man, I want to be in your mom's yw and get that darling book. What a fun night! Happy preschool days!