Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Blog Blitz

Happy Wednesday! And happy October! I can't hardly believe it's already October. Libby stepped out front this morning for a second and said, "It's cold!" I had to laugh--for us in Arizona it is probably a "chilly" 80 degrees outside right now. I got my Halloween decorations out yesterday (only have a few), but they are out and up. Eliza even put hers out by the front door. A while back she had drawn a really cute vampire and witch and she finally got to put them out. I will have to take a picture for sure--especially after reading the last paragraph of today's post!

Stacy asked me to be part of a "blog blitz"--basically a lot of blogs doing the same thing at the same time. So the challenge she gave is one I give to you so you can join me and dozens of other scrapbookers (or those who like to gather supplies to scrapbook every once in a while!) in a challenge that will give each of us a present.
--Snap 10 photos of your life right now.
--Compile these photos in a really small mini album.
--Keep or carry this album with you (in a desk drawer or purse) for one year.
--Promise to glance though the album every time you stumble upon it.
--On October 1, 2009, create a scrapbook page (or maybe a journal entry) about your experience.

Here is the album I made. Stacy sent me a tiny Bazzill Mono Mini Album to put my photos in, so there wasn't much room for any embellishing, which made it go together quickly! I added a little HS tape on the front along with some jewels. On the inside I adhered my photos and wrote what each photo was on the first couple of pages.







Looking at the other albums other "blitzers" have done made me realize that I am representing the simple approach to doing this album. So if you want simple, look at mine--if you want uber-creative, look at the other blogs listed on Stacy's blog. There are some really cute ones!

I loved taking pictures of my life RIGHT NOW. It made me see the simple things as important and things that I want documented forever. For example, the picture of Ellie and Hattie eating lunch that I posted yesterday--I thought it was cute, seeing them out back eating lunch, but doing this project made me think, "I need to get a picture of that." It's cute, but I might not remember that moment in a week, month, year from now. But now I will. And I hope you'll think twice about letting those "cute" or "frustrating" or "tender" or any moment pass without snapping a photo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE simple. Simple is perfect.
thanks for playing -- and the baby wipes. I hear ya!

Ann said...

What a great idea! I'm headed to my workroom to see what mini album I can find to do mine!
Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Love your album, and how you decorated the front. I'm taking the challenge.
~ Heidi

Joanne said...

I love the color of your album...and of course, its contents! This idea is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

It's darling! What a wonderful project. I'm doing Ali E's week-long project - but now I want to do this too!

Jana said...

Yours is so perfect. I love the simple-ness. I am going to join in and mine will be simple too.