





Today Ellie turned three!!! Finally. It seems like she has been two forever. She has been better the past couple of days, so that has been nice. Maybe it was just her illness working its way out. This morning I snuck out for an early hike with Terri and Leslie. When I got home, everyone was up. Eliza and Libby had given Ellie "breakfast in bed" (Trix in a baggie). They had also wrapped up a couple things and given it to her--some skittles, nerds and Libby's sucker that she had gotten at a party. Ellie has had her eye on it ever since Libby came home with it. So she was thrilled. She was eating it when I came home. After I got home, we hurried and got somewhat ready and went to Libby's 8 AM soccer game. We were all (Libby included) spectators again. We did have the treat assignment and she has been really looking forward to handing those out. So at the end, she handed out gogurts to her teammates. After the game we came home and it was a busy day from there on out. ...like one project turned into another project and it just kept snowballing. First we gave Ellie her gift. We went in with Brian's parents and got her a little doll and it came with a stroller, swing, play pin, etc. She was thrilled! That took a while to get it all assembled, but she loves it. After that, we decided it was (FINALLY) time to get Ellie out of her crib. I know, I know. A bit overdue. But serioulsy, she has not hardly climbed out, so it has not been tempting to get her in a big girl bed. She climbed out once a long time ago--probably over a year, but she fell out doing it, so I think it scared her. Then the only other time she did was this week. She wasn't taking her nap, so I shut her door and I think she got mad. Next thing I knew, she was out of her bed. So today we set up her bed. When we bought Eliza and Libby's bed about a year and a half ago, we bought one for Ellie in case we decided to put them in the same room. Brian just set it up in her room though and it looks so darling! During this, I took Libby, Ellie and Hattie to Libby's second soccer game of the day. Once again we were spectators. I can't tell you how frustrating that is! When we got home, we spent quite a bit of time out front. The girls played and rode bikes and the neighbors were out, so we caught up with them. One also got a new puppy, so Eliza made sure we went down to see him. After time outside, we came in and decided to change out the dresser in Ellie's room. We put the cream one from our room in her room since it matches so well and moved the brown one into our room. That's what I mean by projects turning into more projects! It was an all day matilda! It gave me an excuse to go through everyone's sock drawer, match up socks and toss ones without a mate. It really needed to be done, so I'm glad it is! I made spaghetti for dinner, then it was baths before we did Ellie's cake and ice cream. She was so excited. She had picked out a rainbow chip cake, so I made that this morning and we put on chocolate frosting. It was actually really good! We sang to her and she joined in and sang, too.
Soon after I left with Eliza to a wedding reception. It was outside, but the weather was so nice. It was fun to see some old friends from my ward growing...mostly my former leaders, so it was fun to catch up with them. Brian said that Ellie went to bed great and was so excited to go in her new bed. I hope it lasts. I was worried that she would try to get out, but the first night was a success.
Going backwards...on Friday Rachel wasn't feeling well to hike and Kari had to be back early, so I went out there and Kari and I ran. We actually went 3 miles. I came home and everyone woke up! I was hoping to catch a few more zzzz's since I was back so early. I watched my friend's little boy while she went to her son's Thanksgiving feast at school. Ellie and Hattie had fun playing with him. In the afternoon, I picked up my girls because I needed to pick up my nephew, Luke, too. So he came over after school and played for a while. We ended up going to the park which turned out to be fun. I pulled Ellie and Hattie in the wagon, Eliza rode her bike and Luke and Libby rode scooters.
That night Brian and I went on a date. It has actually been a while since we've gone. We've really been sticking to our budget, but we felt like we really need to go out. Luckily, I've had a few photography jobs so we decided we'll use that money for dates among a few other things. So we grabbed dinner at El Pollo Loco. We had some coupons and it was less than $7 to eat! Then I had a couple of returns to do. Then we got Cold Stone (another coupon) and finished up at Wal-Mart for grocery shopping. It was fun and nice to be with just Brian.
And since it's Ellie's birthday, I need to record some stuff about her. I remember coming home with her from the hospital. We came home ON Thanksgiving Day. When we got home, my parents had the meal all ready with the table set all cute (with Eliza's help). Ellie has honestly been our easiest baby, toddler, etc. Even after being difficult the past few days, she is such a doll. She is always happy-go-lucky and so sweet and kind. She loves to be with her sisters and loves to be around people. She has a sweet disposition. Right now she loves playing with dolls and taking care of them. She goes in phases with movies she loves, but right now it's Polar Express--at least up until when Santa comes on, then she asks me to turn it off. Recently, before the Polar love, she loved Enchanted and High School Musical 1 & 2. She loves candy, loves talking on the phone (real and pretend), and loves to help me bake--especially bread. She loves to talk, too. She is a great daughter, sister, friend. We love having her in our family.
And this will make you laugh. My mom sent this to me. I was totally laughing watching it.


2 comments:
Ellie is such a sweet little girl. I pray she will always stay that way.
It doesn't matter how many times you watch that little clip, it's still hilarious!!
Post a Comment