This year we went to Brian's parents' for Thanksgiving. All his siblings came over, too. We ate around 2 and enjoyed a nice meal--turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, sweet potatoes, fruit, stuffing, and more that I am sure I am missing. I made a fruit dip to go with apples. I loved it and it was so simple to make. After we stuffed ourselves, the kids went out back to play and we cleaned up the kitchen. After our lunch/dinner settled, we had dessert. I brought a pumpkin dessert and everyone else brought a pie. All that I sampled were delicious. After dessert, a few of us played card games. Libby and Eliza liked helping us play spoons.
A little after 5 we headed home and my parents came over and we enjoyed more dessert together. It was nice seeing them since we didn't get to have our big meal together. My girls persuaded my dad to play steamroller for a while, then they decided they wanted to do his hair. I had told them that when I was little, I would sit and style his hair. They came up with some pretty funny styles for him!

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.
This morning I woke up and was at Cibola Vista at 7:30. I was supposed to take pictures of a family, but they slept through their alarm, so they rescheduled for later in the day. So I headed out and did a little shopping. I hit Bath and Body, Target, Wal-Mart and Kohls. I didn't get anything at Kohls, but their lines were awful!!!!!!!! The other places I didn't have a wait. I came home around noon and had lunch, then went out front for a while with the girls. Another family asked last minute if I could take their pictures before their son leaves next week for his mission. So I did that at 3, then took the other family from this morning at 4. Whoosh!
Soon after I got home, Ellie left with my parents for her birthday sleepover. She was so excited. She kept saying that she had her "sleepover"--meaning her bag ready to go with them. You'll have to check out my mom's blog for a full report. So far, I think they went to Wal-Mart where she picked out her gift, then they went to Sardellas for dinner--she requested pizza. She ate 4 slices! Then they went and looked at Christmas lights. They are back home at their house, watching Polar Express and getting ready for bed. Brian and I were jealous that they got to spend the time with her since she is so fun to be with. Edited to add: Ellie was almost asleep when she sat up saying she wanted to be at her house and in her big girl bed. My parents tried to get her to go sleep, but they ended up bringing her home to sleep. She went right to sleep and they'll resume the fun in the morning!


1 comment:
I love reading your blog. It always has something I can relate to, or something that makes me smile. Thanks. Oh, and that picture of your Dad is too funny!
Post a Comment