Sunday, October 25, 2009

Random Pictures



Here are some pictures of Ruby's room. I had fun doing it. We used the same crib we've used for all the other girls--it's been a good one! My friend Rachel made the crib bedding. I love how that turned out. We bought the dresser from Craigslist and it started out white. Leslie's husband Kory painted and stained it for us. I added new knobs and i LOVE how that turned out. I added a few owl touches--the vinly owl I bought on etsy, and I stitched an owl and "framed" it in an embroidery hoop. I also did a little owl collage on wood. That was so fun and is one of my favorite parts of her room. We repurposed the frames that were in Hattie's room--I just covered them in different paper and used a different flower at the top. I also love the prayer rug my grandpa made her. I gave him a swatch of the fabric bedding and he couldn't have matched it any better!


When Terri took pictures of Ruby a couple weeks ago, Eliza wanted her to wear this, so I snapped a pictures of her in the dress (which was a little big!).

The other day, Eliza had Ruby join her in her bed while she read. She loved sleeping on the pillow!

3 comments:

Ironygirl said...

Nothing quite as precious as a sleeping little baby. Her room is really cute, too!

Mo said...

Wow, she gets her own room and everything?! So nice!! It looks adorable, and the picture of the sisters on the bed together is darling, too.

maccam said...

What a darling room! I love it! Did you guys paint the dresser or find it that way? And her blessing dress is beautiful! What a neat thing to be able to wear such a meaningful dress. I bet your dad was so happy. Love, Cam