
Today was Ruby's blessing day. I was a little worried about getting everyone up and ready and on time by myself. ...and trying to time it right with Ruby's eating schedule so she would be content during her blessing. We got all ready and left around 8:30 so I could feed her a bottle and get her in her blessing dress before church started. We got to church and Ruby was hungry, so I fed her a bottle. SHE WOULDN'T/COULDN'T DRINK IT. I am not sure what the problem was but we tried for like 25 minutes and she didn't drink any of it. I am not sure if the hole in the nipple was not working or too small or what, but I was so frustrated! And there wasn't time for me to go feed her. So we got her dressed anyway and tried to feed her more. I knew it wouldn't be good during her blessing, but there was nothing I could do. Brian did a great job on her blessing even though she cried the whole time. The people in the circle were my dad, his dad, his granddad, his brother Danny, my brother Brian and our bishop and Brother Brown. Ruby looked so darling in her blessing dress. She wore the gown that my dad was christened in when he was a baby. He was Catholic and he and his siblings were all christened in this dress, so that was so special that she got to wear it for her blessing. I got her bow from etsy, and I just love it.





(note to self: call Brooke and get a new hairstyle!)
Today was also the primary program. Unfortunately Libby wouldn't even sit up front. Oh well. At least she did it during the practice. Eliza and Ellie did well. Ellie was so funny to watch--she really got into some of the songs. I told my mom that I think she forgot she was up in front of people because she had a little attitude singing. Then I guess--I didn't see it--but two of the primary presidency counselors told me after that Ellie and Bryson--the boy who was standing next to her kissed! They faced each other and puckered up. I asked Ellie later and she smiled and said they did. Nice. Guess we'll have a good story to tell when she is older!
After church we came home and changed clothes, then went to my parent's for lunch. Brian met us over there later, then we went to his parents for dinner. It was a good day all around.


3 comments:
Erin, Ruby's gown and headwear could not be any more perfect. Love it.
P.S. Sounds like you're an etsy addict like me :)
I've got to send you my recent hair ideas...
LOVE the dress (and bow). Wish we could have been there!
What a beautiful dress. That is neat that she was blessed in it.
Primary programs are always entertaining. I love the kiss story!
Post a Comment