Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Mute

Today Brian's mom came over to show Brian's aunt and uncle from Utah where we live, etc. Well, anytime people come over, Libby turns mute. It is the weirdest thing. She is so chatty otherwise, but she can put the mute button on in no time. So after they left and we were getting in the car to pick up Eliza, I told her that she needs to talk when people come over. And I asked her, "Why don't you talk when people come over?" She didn't answer then, but on our way to get Eliza, out of the blue she said, "I'll talk when I become a mom." I guess we have a while to wait!! Funny girl.

Today has been rainy and overcast and I've been loving it! Tonight is mutual and it's our personal progress night. We are having the girls set goals for the year and they are painting boards and putting the vinyl lettering on them that says "Becoming." ..as in...what are you becoming in 2007? I hope it clicks with them and gets them to think about it every day.

I've got to get the brownies out of the oven. Do you know anyone else besides me who makes brownies just so they can lick the bowl? Ha ha! That would be me.

A couple of days ago, Eliza let me blowdry her hair and it looked so cute. When we finished, she looked so grown up! Yikes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eliza sure is a ham for the camera! So darned cute!! And that's how Libby was on her "carousel day" with us! Wouldn't talk for anything!!! And she KNOWS us! Go figure!!

Anonymous said...

Eliza sure is a ham for the camera! So darned cute!! And that's how Libby was on her "carousel day" with us! Wouldn't talk for anything!!! And she KNOWS us! Go figure!!