I actually went to see a movie tonight. If you know me at all, you will know this is huge! I am not a movie person. It is hard for me to subject myself to 2 hours of sitting in a movie and not "multi-tasking" and doing something else while I am watching. But we went out with the Rogers and the Higgins along with one of Becky's friends who is visiting from Iowa. First, we ate dinner at Macaroni Grill. I did a "choose your pasta" and it was actually very good. I got bowtie pasta with a creamy garlic sauce, tomatoes, carmelized onions and broccoli. Brian went with the Boursin Filet which was a tenderloin dish with mashed potatoes. Let's say he just liked the potatoes. He had to send the steak back once because it wasn't cooked enough. Then he still couldn't eat it because it tasted so badly. He even had Ricky try it and he thought it was terrible, too. Their description is that it tasted like if you would lick the grill after cooking something. Gross...but that's a guy's description for you. Brian did say something and fortunately wasn't charged for it. And luckily I had enough for both of us, so he just finished my dinner. After an interesting dinner, we saw Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith. It was an excellent movie. I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it. It was just a great, feel good, inspirational movie. And the time passed quickly--I didn't mind being at the "movies." I think I could do it again fairly soon if it was a good movie!
Now it's back to work to get at least one more book written until D-day at the end of the month!
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment