We decided to go out for date night one last time before we add another angel into the mix. We did our errands first and got a couple things taken care of at Wal-Mart. Then we went over to Cocono's for a Mexican dinner. I had the Carne Machaca Dinner and it was tasty. It'll be nice (or maybe not) to be able to eat more than 5 bites without feeling stuffed. Costco was next for Ziploc bags and baby wipes. And we finished by watching the 4th quarter of the Suns' game at Brian's parents' house. We were home pretty early for a date night, but I was able to come home and get some more writing done. Last night Libby went with my parents and my nephew Dallin to Chuck E. Cheese for his birthday. They had pizza and rode the rides, played games and had a great time. Libby was so excited all day long. She kept wanting to watch for them to come pick her up (starting in the morning), even though she said, "They aren't coming 'till 5." So cute.



Bottles:
Poor Ellie. I completely took her off the bottle this week. She was down to just one before bed, but I really wanted her done all together before the baby comes so she wouldn't be confused or jealous or whatever if/when she had a bottle, too. But you know Ellie--Miss Happy, Easy-Going--hasn't complained at all and has gone to sleep just as easily as before. We are lucky!
House:
The house is nice and clean! Brian just has to tidy up the garage a little bit, I have some laundry to do (hard to keep up on that ever!) and we are good to go! I got the baby swing this past week, the pack and play is up, clothes are organized and bottles are sterilized.
Decorating:
I've done a lot of house decorating lately--nothing major...just stuff we've wanted to do but haven't since we moved in. We bought three black frames at Wal-Mart last night and finished the Calvin and Hobbes bathroom. I put up a shelf in Ellie's room. All I want to do in there is new curtains. The ones right now are white and I want a light pink or an off white. But I can deal with it for now. And after Ellie's nap today, we plan to put up the shelves in the girls' bathroom and get that done.



Hospital Bag:
I think my bag for the hospital is packed. I just need to throw in my personal-type items and we'll be set. I was laughing with Brian how much my bag has changed since we had Eliza. With her it was packed to the brim! Diapers, washcloths, CDs, clothes, wipes, pads, etc. and etc. I've learned through experience that I don't need most any of that. Forget the diapers, wipes, pads, washcloths, and etc....because the hospital gives you all that. And forget the CDs for me. I just want to watch TV and read two new magazines I bought because I never have time at home! 1/2 my bag is empty!
Funeral:
Yesterday my parents went to the funeral for the Glendale police officer who died in the line of duty this week. My dad is a Glendale officer, so they thought they would go show their support. My mom said it was just amazing at the number of police cars, motorcycles, horses and men and women who were there. I saw some clips on TV and it gave me the goosebumps but to be there and see it in person was just amazing according to my mom. My mom said the drive to the cemetery was very neat, too, as people on the opposite side of the freeway stopped and lined the roads and overpasses just to be respectful. When I saw parts on TV it just made me teary--like the "Last Call" they do at the cemetery. Tear-jerker! But it's neat to see that there are good people around who do respect police officers and the amazing, risky job they do each day.




Etc.
Today we are mostly hanging out at home. Brian just took Eliza and Libby to the Home Depot that is now open just down the street. I am sure they are having fun. Then we'll do things around there to get ready for Tuesday! My paper organizers came the other day, so I got those set up and filled. Tomorrow is church. I have a meeting at 7, then Brian will bring the girls around 9 for church. We are having a visiting teaching conference during the last hour, so I'll get to relax a little bit not having to worry about young women's. Then it's dinner at Brian's parents' house.
Happy weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment