







Tuesday night was my baby shower. A few friends from the ward coerced me into having one. I am glad they did--it was a good time. We just had a few people from the ward there. The theme was "chocolate" and they served, chocolate covered pretzels, donuts, yummy punch, and a chocolate fountain, complete with marshmallows, rice krispie treats, bananas, strawberries and peanut butter balls to dip. It was delicious! And the company was great, too, just being able to sit back and relax and chat. They played a little game that had questions to get to know me a little better and that was fun. And, of course, they were generous to me and brought some amazing gifts. I got a ton of darling outfits for the baby, a photo session from Becky that I am so excited for, a very very cute album that my good friend Leslie made--in pinks and browns and my mom spoiled me with a soft baby blanket, burp cloths, sleepers, shopping cart cover, baby bath stuff, and the cutest "album". It uses a Pottery Barn Rolodex and you make each Rolodex card into a mini, mini layout. It is so so cute. I included a picture along with other pictures from the shower. Eliza got to come and she seemed to really like it.
Yesterday was Valentine's Day. I gave Brian some jeans and a new polo shirt. For dinner, we surprised him with a special dinner--we got take out at P.F. Changs. He loves the food there, but he doesn't get it very often since I can't do Chinese food very often. Then that night Brian took Eliza and Libby on a little daddy/daughter date to Dippin' Dots for ice cream. We were all going to go, but Ellie was ready for bed and it was getting later. So I stayed home with her. For Valentine's Day, Brian brought home some tulips, which I absolutely love, and some certificates for several treatments at a spa. I just have to find the time to go!!
This morning we had a camp meeting for girls' camp and it is going to be fun. We got quite a few things planned so now we'll be able to focus our planning more since we know the direction we are going.
This afternoon my friend Kristi had Eliza and Libby over for a little play date and I got the den cleaned and better organized and I got a big chunk of the baby clothes in the closet and put away. Woosh! We are getting close!
Tomorrow is Friday! Yay! We'll have preschool, do a few errands and have datenight.
P.S. I can't figure out how to get spaces between my paragraphs. It shows in my text box but doesn't come through when I publish it. Sorry about that.


No comments:
Post a Comment