Sedona
view from breakfastBrian and I got home this afternoon from our Sedona trip. It was a fun and relaxing time. We dropped the girls off at Brian's parents' at about 10 on Thursday morning. Then we headed up to Sedona. It didn't take us long to get there--it's such a quick drive up there. When we got there, we stopped at the Gap outlet, then went to lunch at Wildflower Bread Company. The one they have there has such great views of the red rocks. Right after lunch Brian dropped me off at the spa at L'Auberge where I enjoyed a "Bee Pure Facial" and a "Head and Scalp Massage". The facial was so relaxing and seemed to go on forever, which I loved. Then after the facial, I went into another room for the head massage. That was heavenly, too. In both treatments--it is going to sound a little strange--but they massaged my ears. It felt so good! Sounds weird, but I am sure you would enjoy it, too. After the head massage, my hair was sooooo oily. I showered there and tried to get it out, but it was still there. So all night my hair looked oily. This morning I shampooed it twice and it finally looks back to normal. While I was getting pampered at the spa, Brian when mountain biking. He learned of a good trail from someone at the hotel, so he tried it out. He said it was hard, lots of uphill, but so pretty. And he only crashed three times. As soon as he loads pictures from his phone, I'll post his bike adventure pictures.
After we both got done and cleaned up, we drove around Sedona and ate dinner at El Rincon--a Mexican food place that we ate at about 6 years ago when we stayed there last. It was still good. We went back to the hotel for a little bit and hung out before heading to Cold Stone for our late night treat.
I thought I would sleep better than I did, but I had to get up for the bathroom once and I had a couple bouts of heartburn, so I had to get up and get a drink. And I dreamed I had had the baby and they were bringing her to me to eat. This morning we went back to Wildflower for breakfast which was so delicious. Brian had stuffed French toast and I had the pancakes and hot cocoa. Both dishes were excellent. And we ate on the balcony--the weather was perfect and the view was perfect, too. From there we drove around Sedona some more, but a lot of the roads turn into dirt roads, and that was a bit much for me and I had some mild contractions. So we quickly turned around and headed for pavement. On our way home, we did some shopping at the Outlets at Anthem. There was also a sign for model home furniture for sale, so we checked that out. Turns out it is a store with tons of furniture. It is very nice and we found a bed we loved, but we are going to look around some more first. We actually saw some bedding that we just loved. It was beautiful blue and brown with a brown velvety bed skirt. We inquired and it was $1900 for the bedding. You've got to be kidding me! That was way more than the bed that we liked. Too bad. We'll have to keep looking. When we were done, we went to my parents' where we picked up Eliza. My mom had taken Eliza to preschool and just kept her for the rest of the day. She cried when we got there and didn't want to leave. We were mean and made her come with us to pick up Ellie and Libby. They all had a great time while we were gone and did wonderfully. I guess Eliza was a great big sister and so helpful and kind to Ellie and Libby. Libby woke up in the night and Brian's mom said she heard Eliza singing her a made-up song, trying to help her get back to sleep.
So now we are home and back at it. Tomorrow is the youth snow trip that I was supposed to go on. I am sending Brian in my place. I am just nervous to drive that much and be that far from home being so close to d-day. So he gets to go! I am so grateful for him filling in for me.
Does anyone have a great recommendation for a good vacuum? We have terrible luck with them. We had one that worked pretty well, then it stopped so we bought another one at Target. Well that one never worked from the beginning so we tried to take it back and Target said they don't have any record of that one (we didn't have our receipt), so they wouldn't do anything for us. We just changed the belt tonight and still no luck--it sounded terrible and smelled even worse. So now we have to use a little $50 one that works great, but I am thinking we need something better. Our carpet is pretty thick, so it needs to be able to handle that, but I need suggestions! I think we just need to break down and get a commercial one.
The car-seat we ordered came today. I was nervous to order it since I couldn't feel the fabric in person (no one here sells this particular pattern). But it came and I love it. I love the color and pattern and the feel of the fabric. I think it'll work out great.
I think that is enough info for one post. I'll go now.
After we both got done and cleaned up, we drove around Sedona and ate dinner at El Rincon--a Mexican food place that we ate at about 6 years ago when we stayed there last. It was still good. We went back to the hotel for a little bit and hung out before heading to Cold Stone for our late night treat.
I thought I would sleep better than I did, but I had to get up for the bathroom once and I had a couple bouts of heartburn, so I had to get up and get a drink. And I dreamed I had had the baby and they were bringing her to me to eat. This morning we went back to Wildflower for breakfast which was so delicious. Brian had stuffed French toast and I had the pancakes and hot cocoa. Both dishes were excellent. And we ate on the balcony--the weather was perfect and the view was perfect, too. From there we drove around Sedona some more, but a lot of the roads turn into dirt roads, and that was a bit much for me and I had some mild contractions. So we quickly turned around and headed for pavement. On our way home, we did some shopping at the Outlets at Anthem. There was also a sign for model home furniture for sale, so we checked that out. Turns out it is a store with tons of furniture. It is very nice and we found a bed we loved, but we are going to look around some more first. We actually saw some bedding that we just loved. It was beautiful blue and brown with a brown velvety bed skirt. We inquired and it was $1900 for the bedding. You've got to be kidding me! That was way more than the bed that we liked. Too bad. We'll have to keep looking. When we were done, we went to my parents' where we picked up Eliza. My mom had taken Eliza to preschool and just kept her for the rest of the day. She cried when we got there and didn't want to leave. We were mean and made her come with us to pick up Ellie and Libby. They all had a great time while we were gone and did wonderfully. I guess Eliza was a great big sister and so helpful and kind to Ellie and Libby. Libby woke up in the night and Brian's mom said she heard Eliza singing her a made-up song, trying to help her get back to sleep.
So now we are home and back at it. Tomorrow is the youth snow trip that I was supposed to go on. I am sending Brian in my place. I am just nervous to drive that much and be that far from home being so close to d-day. So he gets to go! I am so grateful for him filling in for me.
Does anyone have a great recommendation for a good vacuum? We have terrible luck with them. We had one that worked pretty well, then it stopped so we bought another one at Target. Well that one never worked from the beginning so we tried to take it back and Target said they don't have any record of that one (we didn't have our receipt), so they wouldn't do anything for us. We just changed the belt tonight and still no luck--it sounded terrible and smelled even worse. So now we have to use a little $50 one that works great, but I am thinking we need something better. Our carpet is pretty thick, so it needs to be able to handle that, but I need suggestions! I think we just need to break down and get a commercial one.
The car-seat we ordered came today. I was nervous to order it since I couldn't feel the fabric in person (no one here sells this particular pattern). But it came and I love it. I love the color and pattern and the feel of the fabric. I think it'll work out great.
I think that is enough info for one post. I'll go now.





No comments:
Post a Comment