Do you?
Let me preface this by saying I may eventually eat my words and wear one, but I don't see it happening. And I want to apologize in advance for anyone who has one. Don't take it as a personal attack! But I just don't get the whole wear-your-entire-phone-in-your-ear-thing. I think it is just silly. I see them all around, but I was at Wal-Mart today and a guy looked like he was just talking to himself, walking down the isle. But, nooooo, he had his phone in his ear---is it called a Bluetooth? I would feel so ridiculous wearing one and talking on it. It just looks like you are having conversations with yourself. I mean it's a good thing to have probably if you are driving, but other than that, please hold your phone. At least I know you're not some crazy person, talking to personality number six. Or maybe it just reminds me too much of the book Fahrenheit 451, where they wore earpieces that buzz in their ears: "And in her ears the little Seashells, the thimble radios tamped tight, and an electronic ocean sound, of music and talk and music and talk coming in, coming in on the shore of her unsleeping mind" (Ray Bradbury, 12). Doesn't that sound like that? (Sidenote: If you haven't read that book since high school, you should read it again and see the close connections to life today. It was written in 1953!) Thanks for letting me share me opinion...for whatever it's worth!
Monday, June 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Funny!
Post a Comment