Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Oh the Comforts of Home




As wonderful as our trip was, there is nothing better than being at home. It feels good. We got home at 2 AM, so boy am I tired. We were intending to leave for home around 11 AM or so, but we got a wild hair and decided to go to Sea World for the day. It was a fun time. We saw the new Shamu show, "Believe" and we got to see Cirque de la Mar. That is a fascinating and amazing show. It was my favorite. The girls loved it all.

The rest of our trip was fun. On Saturday after Brian's morning meetings we went to the pool for a while. Brian and I took turns being out with Ellie. That night was the final awards dinner. I made the place "cards" for this dinner. The theme was "Buried Treasure", so I got little treasure boxes and filled them with the Pirates of the Caribbean M&Ms (Captain's Gold and Jack's Gems). Then I printed each person's name off onto cardstock and burned around the edges, glued it to a popsicle stick and put it in the treasure box. Way cute and a fun way to do name cards. I was so proud of Brian--he got some pretty awesome awards for only being three years in.

Speaking of Brian, this is my belated Father's Day tribute. He is an amazing father and husband. He is a dad who:
-works hard and never complains
-gets up with the girls in the night if needed
-plays ball with the girls
-spoils me and lets me know how much he appreciates me
-changes at least as many diapers as I do
-takes the girls so I can get some work done (always without complaining)
-does laundry (lots of it)
-empties and fills the dishwasher (a lot)
-cleans house if I am behind
-loves to organize and consolidate things
-loves to get things running more efficiently
-takes Eliza swimming at 8:30 at night so she can show off her swimming
-loves to be spontaneous
-takes me out every Friday night for a date
-gets our backyard done so we can have a fun place to hang out (P.S. It is done!!)
-surprises me with things that I'm too cheap to by for myself
-plays Barbies, Polly Pockets and My Little Pony with the girls
-is so excited to see the girls after work
-is a wonderful Dad and husband.
I love you!

No comments: