Thursday, April 03, 2008

Busy!


This week has been quite busy! Yesterday was Brian's birthday. The big 29! The day was pretty normal. Brian went to work and I held down the fort at home. Brian grabbed Rubio's for dinner on his way home, so we enjoyed an easy dinner. Libby set the table all cute--even folding the napkins perfectly and getting all the drinks filled, too. Ellie had helped me make an ice cream cake, so we dove into that right after dinner. Yum! I had to be at mutual at 6, so we hurried to celebrate. He also opened his gifts from all his girls--two $29 gift cards to REI and a new belt for work.

For mutual the young men and young women hiked at West Wing Mountain. I hadn't hiked there before so it was fun. It was a bit of a work-out! I was huffing and puffing on the way up. But it was a pretty view.



This morning started early. Ellie and Hattie have been getting up early lately. Ugh. 99% of the time Brian gets up with them, and he did today, too, but I had to get up and get ready for the day so I could be ready for Ellie when she got up so I could focus on her for continued potty training. (that was a really long sentence) She was doing fairly well but has taken a step back. She is testing me for sure! I am trying not to get frustrated, but it's hard!

This morning was my friend, Leslie's, baby shower. We gathered at Rachel's house for lunch, visiting and gifts. Our kids came, so they had fun playing with each other.

After the baby shower, we came home and I tried to put Hattie down for a nap, but she wasn't having it! She hardly napped at all today. While Ellie was napping Libby and I played a few games of Memory. I enjoy playing that with her--she is encouraging and likes to help me out. Brian got home and we had breakfast for dinner--pancakes this time. Tonight was day three of my busy week--I had a stake leadership meeting. I always learn a lot at those, but come home a little overwhelmed, thinking of all I should/could do differently, etc.

Hopefully the week will settle down and crossing my fingers that Ellie will click with all this potty training!

No comments: