Then we went to Brian's parents' house and Brian watched the Suns' game with his dad and one of his brothers. The girls played inside and outside and had fun--until it went into double overtime. Ugh!!! (Or maybe it was me who was a little annoyed that it kept going on and on!)
After the game was over, we came home. Everyone played out back while Eliza came with me to take some senior pictures of a girl in a neighboring ward. It was a little windy last night, but we got a few moments of little or no breeze, thankfully!


After the girls were in bed, I grabbed some Rubio's for our "in-home date." We ate dinner and chatted, then my brother came over and he and Brian watched a movie--We Are Marshall, I think. I was so tired--I fell asleep.
Hattie started our Sunday out early--6:20! UGH! I got up with her and told Brian to listen for the first signs of Ellie waking up. We haven't used Pull-Ups at night and she's only had 2 accidents, so we try to get her when she first wakes up and take her to the bathroom. Well this morning, Brian went right in, but she had wet the bed. That was followed by another accident this morning. I don't know why she is doing so terribly! We are doing the same thing, but the past few days, she is having accident after accident. I am not thrilled. I was so threatening putting her back in diapers, but I have done way too much the past few weeks to stop. But it is taking all the patience I have.
The morning before church was a little hectic as I was on edge because of Ellie. But we made it to church and everyone managed to behave during Sacrament. It is a marathon, keeping Ellie and Hattie "entertained" with books and whatnot, so after the meeting is over, I feel like taking a huge breath! I know some of you are thinking, "Well, my 1 and 2 year old just sit quietly next to me the entire time." If that sounds like you, please share your secret.
Eliza gave the scripture in primary. I thought she was going to read it, but she got nervous at the last minute and had me whisper it to her in her ear. In young women's Rachel gave a great lesson about "extended family relations." It made me think how important it is to keep those relations in tact and how my children can benefit from it, too. I really enjoyed her lesson.
Tonight my brother, Brian, and his family came over and so did my parents for dinner. It's my dad's birthday tomorrow (56!), so we celebrated. He chose biscuits and gravy for dinner, and I made dessert: a chocolate chip cookie pie. It turned out delicious, and I served it with vanilla ice cream. The kids had fun playing together, wearing Grandpa out. My parents stayed a bit after and my mom helped me with a little sewing project. Before they left, Eliza and Libby entertained Grandma and Grandpa by reading them books. I think they enjoyed that time and enjoyed showing them how well they are reading.
Hattie found a fun "toy" today. My parents had brought an ice chest to haul some of the food over, and it was just sitting on the floor. Hattie climbed in and spent quite a bit of time in there. She was so giddy and having fun.


1 comment:
We really enjoyed the bedtime stories. What great readers both Eliza and Libby are!!! I was pleased with their diligence and eagerness to be good readers.
Post a Comment