Sunday, April 13, 2008

Week Over

I survived Brian being in California. He had a trip to American Funds from Thursday-Saturday. On Friday evening, I had a babysitter come over for Ellie and Hattie, while Eliza, Libby and I went and watched one of the young women play basketball for her elementary school team. Her team won and it was fun to see her play. The level of play for basketball at that age has improved from what I remember when I was in elementary school.

Saturday was a LONG day. It started early as I was up, ready and had everyone up and ready to leave by 8 AM. I took my girls to Brian's parents' house and they played there until Brian got home and back from the airport around lunch time. After dropping them off, I picked Terri up and we were off to the temple to take pictures after a wedding. That took all morning, then we grabbed a bite to eat, edited a few pictures from that morning for a digital frame they wanted at the reception that night, then we were back just in time for the reception that night. We were on our feet all day. It was exhausting work.


Today was church and it was one of those days during sacrament that I leaned over to Brian and through gritted teeth I said, "I am done having kids--we are NOT having any more. I am sure everyone is staring at us thinking, 'They can't even control the ones they have.'" Hattie was a wiggle worm and just wanted to get down and be free from the confines of the general bench area. Ellie wanted to eat [crunch loudly on] candy that she found in the diaper bag that I had put in there as "reward"/bribe for potty training. She wasn't too happy I took it away. But it was crazy! I was thoroughly embarrassed and felt like everyone was staring at us. Monique who sat behind me assured me they didn't notice, but I am not so sure! LOL.

After that, the rest of church was fine and went smoothly. Tonight we went to my parents for dinner. It seems like it's been a while since we've had dinner over there due to conference, meetings, etc. So it was fun. My grandpa brought over several puzzles for us to borrow--Eliza and Libby were very excited. They finished the Waldo puzzle tonight that is just about the hardest puzzle I've seen. I didn't find one piece in that puzzle. Think: ...a puzzle entirely made up of Waldos--every piece looked the same to me.

I am hopeful that this week isn't as busy as last.

No comments: